Waitlist Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subtle1epiphany

Junior Faculty
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you've been waitlisted at a school that appreciates updates and attention (EVMS), is the general concensus that anything sent is a good idea?

I've been spending almost 30 hrs a week for the past 4 months working as an Telemetry/EKG Technician at a hospital. Would a letter of recommendation from my supervisor be a solid choice, assuming that she is willing to write a good one (i.e. I ask her if she can write a good one, as we're friends and she knows my work)?

Aside from my letter of intent and letters to my interviewers, I can't think of anything else to send.

Also, should things be spread out? or do I just send them as I get them and call a lot after?

Members don't see this ad.

Anything that you can send to support your candidancy would be great! They want to see you doing something with your time and if extra cirricular or medical exposure is something that you lack, this would be a great LOR. I would definately send it in. Also, sending everything as early as possible is a good idea. because you don't want them to have a board meeting without everything in the file for them to look at. They could have the meeting and then decide that something is missing from your file (something that you could show them that you're waiting to send). I'd send everything that I can and try the bi monthly calls. That's always a good idea. gluck!

virilep said:
Anything that you can send to support your candidancy would be great! They want to see you doing something with your time and if extra cirricular or medical exposure is something that you lack, this would be a great LOR. I would definately send it in. Also, sending everything as early as possible is a good idea. because you don't want them to have a board meeting without everything in the file for them to look at. They could have the meeting and then decide that something is missing from your file (something that you could show them that you're waiting to send). I'd send everything that I can and try the bi monthly calls. That's always a good idea. gluck!
Bi-monthly? As in every two weeks?

Hmmm...I was going to ask how frequent, as I don't want to annoy them, and I thought like once a month. I am going to have to work up the courage to call tomorrow about the second look weekend invitations then.

Wish me luck :luck:

I know at Louisville they said to call every other thursday. that's cuz their adcom met on every other wednesday. but I would shoot for every other week. it's just enough time for them to remember your name, but not ridicule it.