waitlist/reapply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tootsies!

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello.

i was wondering if you guys who are reapplying are submitting your application to those schools right away...

i keep taking the schools that i'm waitlisted at on and off my amcas.

what are your thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

Im not a reapplicant, but perhaps reapplying to the same school that waitlisted you might show them that you really want to go to their school

I've got a different school of thought.

I'm getting AMCAS verified. But only with 1 school and then after I can no longer get accepted off the waitlist, then I'll admit defeat and designate the others.

I don't want the school I really want to go to know I'm thinking about next year (clearly I would be) but it's important to stay positive in there eyes. You have to look the optimist if you're hoping to get one of those spots that's going to open.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depakote said:

I'm getting AMCAS verified. But only with 1 school and then after I can no longer get accepted off the waitlist, then I'll admit defeat and designate the others.

I don't want the school I really want to go to know I'm thinking about next year (clearly I would be) but it's important to stay positive in there eyes. You have to look the optimist if you're hoping to get one of those spots that's going to open.

that's the thing...i'm so scared that by some weird twist of fate, that if i only designate one school...it's not going to let me go back and add more in. are you sure that we can just add more later?

Depakote said:

Ive actualy heard of stories from fellow premeds that it can be a very bad thing to put just one school down. In that, if you make it to interviews and are asked where else you have applied, and you only indicate one school, arrogance might be perceived by the interviewer

I am waitlisted at 3 schools and already re-applied to all of them. UT houston is one, and I already have an interview there for August 2nd(before classes start) so it obviously didnt hurt me there. I will say I have re-occuring dream now where in my interview they say I dont have to interview because I start in a few days instead...

Depakote said:
Well, if I don't get off the waitlist, I'm adding 20+ more as soon as Aug 15 passes. AMCAS does let you do that.
tru, but doesnt this put you at a disadvantage? July seems to be the prime time to send in aplications to be considered early. If you're submitting in August, wouldnt you be putting yourself in with a huge chunk of applications and get a late interview?

braluk said:
tru, but doesnt this put you at a disadvantage? July seems to be the prime time to send in aplications to be considered early. If you're submitting in August, wouldnt you be putting yourself in with a huge chunk of applications and get a late interview?
True. But I'm still banking on getting in this year.
:D