doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2004
Fresno
Status (Visible)
Is anyone willing to swallow their pride if they are put on a waitlist and get in. I think the only school I would do that for is Stanford.... then again I am not sure. Opinions.

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
waitlist means you are too qualified and they couldnt take you right away since they feel you are gonna go somewhere else.

if stanfurd puts you on the waitlist. send them a thank you letter for them showing a great amount of respect for you.

but might as well let them know in that thank you letter that you would actually like to go. then they will undergo shock that an applicant of your nature would want to attend their farm school. but in the end will accept you.

good luck.

doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2004
Fresno
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by jlee9531
waitlist means you are too qualified and they couldnt take you right away since they feel you are gonna go somewhere else.

if stanfurd puts you on the waitlist. send them a thank you letter for them showing a great amount of respect for you.

but might as well let them know in that thank you letter that you would actually like to go. then they will undergo shock that an applicant of your nature would want to attend their farm school. but in the end will accept you.

good luck.

I've sent them 13 thank you letters. Still waiting.

About the Ads

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by doctorcynical
I've sent them 13 thank you letters. Still waiting.

13 is an unlucky number you know, and 14 is a really bad number in some Asian Cultures, so I'll make it 15 if I were you ;)

pekq

Gunner
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
NJ
Status (Visible)
Waitlist = too qualified or not quite good enough

What is so shameful about getting into a school via waitlist? At least you got in in the end.

On another note, I am thinking about writing letter of interest and holding waitlist positions to collect as many acceptances as I can because that's what SnS would do.

Sharkfan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2004
Southeast USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
An acceptance is an acceptance is an acceptance. Who cares when it comes as long as it is where you truly want to go?

FoxyDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2000
USA
Status (Visible)
Doctorcynical,

You clearly should receive an OCD diagnosis for the issues that you have involving Stanford. You really should seek some therapy. However, I'm convinced you could be untreatable!!!

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Originally posted by Md 2b In TN
what percent of those who get waitlisted get in, anyone have a guess?

i can tell you the minimum is 0%

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.