Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't seen much out of Einstein and Stanford should be pretty close to a standstill now.Thank you so much for always keeping us updated! (Do you know anything about Einstein or Stanford? 😉 )
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I haven't seen much out of Einstein and Stanford should be pretty close to a standstill now.Thank you so much for always keeping us updated! (Do you know anything about Einstein or Stanford? 😉 )
I haven't seen much out of Einstein and Stanford should be pretty close to a standstill now.
Stanford overaccepted last year, so it is anticipated that there should be some movement. I just don't think it will be much.Oh, I hope they've got room for one more meaning me 🙁
ETA: But thank you!
Do you mean GW has moved recently? It didn't look like there was any movement since the 14thGW is moving.
So are Colorado,SUNY Brooklyn and Duke.
Wash U is really moving.
Something has happened within the last day or so.Do you mean GW has moved recently? It didn't look like there was any movement since the 14th
Something has happened within the last day or so.
Something has happened within the last day or so.
Just out of curiosity, how long are waitlists? Like 100 kids, 15 kids? I was always curious since med school classes are so small
GW is moving.
So are Colorado,SUNY Brooklyn and Duke.
Wash U is really moving.

Nothing.Do you know if USC is moving? 🙁
Just like 007.What are you basing this on? From the thread here on SDN or "for-your-eyes-only" info?
I know several people who got the "extreme merit" email that haven't heard a word.
It's more like the last trimester of a high risk pregnancy.Waitlist = Unique type of torture
Just like 007.
UC and OSU are both around 200-225. At least that's what they told me at the interviews. They have 175 and 195 seats total, respectively.Just out of curiosity, how long are waitlists? Like 100 kids, 15 kids? I was always curious since med school classes are so small
Someone was accepted to GW within the last 48 hours.Any chance you can elaborate on what you know. Are you saying GW's waitlist moved (past tense) or there is movement currently happening (or will be happening). The SDN forum is totally silent and like I said the "extreme merit" ppl I know haven't heard a thing.
Just out of curiosity, how long are waitlists? Like 100 kids, 15 kids? I was always curious since med school classes are so small
GW is moving.
So are Colorado,SUNY Brooklyn and Duke.
Wash U is really moving.
More than two acceptances within a week within a relatively small sample of the population.Define "really moving."
It is much more likely that the school is still waiting for the projected number of withdrawals to occur. Nobody just sits around waiting to pull people from the waitlist if there are seats to be filled!Hi @gyngyn , the entering class at one of my schools (USC) was not full on May 15. However, the admissions office said that they are waiting until June to pull people from the waitlist. Do you have any ideas what advantages a school might gain by doing this? Thank you so much!
Sounds slow and painful.
I would think "waiting for the dust to settle" would be a decent strategy, no? E.g. no point in pulling people off the waitlist if there's a chance they could be poached in the next couple weeks.It is much more likely that the school is still waiting for the projected number of withdrawals to occur. Nobody just sits around waiting to pull people from the waitlist if there are seats to be filled!
I would check your source on the information that the class was unfilled.
The office may have been referring to historical norms by giving you the June date.
Sounds slow and painful.
Slow and painful? Nah. You just have to find a way to spin it right. 🙂
Either way, great side business for yourself.
No way. Better to get them first. Scare off the competition.I would think "waiting for the dust to settle" would be a decent strategy, no? E.g. no point in pulling people off the waitlist if there's a chance they could be poached in the next couple weeks.
Seems like double dipping to me!Slow and painful? Nah. You just have to find a way to spin it right. 🙂
Either way, great side business for yourself.
As a waitlisted-only applicant, is there any significance to receiving a background check request email? I haven't heard anything from the school I'm waiting on, but received the request "because I'm currently wait listed or conditionally accepted at one or more of the schools participating in the AAMC-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks..."
I completed the background check this week but still haven't received any updates from the school itself. Would this be a valid reason to call the school and ask what's up?
+1Anyone know if Texas schools are starting to move?
I've read about some schools giving acceptances on weekends. However, with this being Memorial day weekend, I would bet that even admissions deans are relaxing.Do offers ever come on Saturday or Sundays? (I.e. can I just relax on the weekend?)
I got a reject from Tufts so I'm down to 2 as well. Great time for the weekend!Well seems like I got booted from Albany. Only 2 wait lists now..... at least its the weekend!
I haven't moved at UCSD, neither has anyone in the thread. Only a couple reported spots opened up on SDN from last years cycle.Anyone knows of any WL movement at UC Davis, UCSD?
That's awesome congrats!Accepted today to my one and only school I was waitlisted at !
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.