You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Waitlist Support Group
Started by CyberMaxx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I doubt it. Let's just all try to relax till Tuesday.Any chance there will start to be movement on Monday, even though it's Memorial Day?
@gyngyn, do you know if the wait list at San Juan Bautista school of Medicine is moving? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.
I think so based on the posts of the school specific thread; check it out!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah but only one person has gotten off the waitlist. No movement since thenI think so based on the posts of the school specific thread; check it out!
I'm afraid we don't have much overlap with SJB, so even if there had been movement I'm unlikely to have seen it.@gyngyn, do you know if the wait list at San Juan Bautista school of Medicine is moving? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.
Another day, Another Week, but same old empty gmail...
Yupp I feel you. It's a painful waitAnother day, Another Week, but same old empty gmail...
Another day, Another Week, but same old empty gmail...
Same. All the threads are quiet too.
Just saw that NYMC started to move.
Another waitlist that I won't be pulled from.
Another waitlist that I won't be pulled from.
Had a dream that there will be major movement today since it's been almost 2 weeks post may-15th and it's right after the long weekend break..
Checked my inbox as soon as I woke up today... Nothing but promotions 🙁
...Promotions! Turn that frown upside down.
I checked mine today and in addition to no waitlist movement all the promotions and memorial day sales flooding my inbox are OVER.
So...any movement that's going to happen at top ten schools has probably already happened, right? Losing hope for my top choice..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interesting. Maybe I won't give up just yet.If I'm not mistaken someone said Hopkins doesn't move till June
Good news for all waitlists.If I'm not mistaken someone said Hopkins doesn't move till June
I JUST RECEIVED MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE. THERE IS HOPE
Congrats! Where at!
Nice! That's fantastic congrats!I JUST RECEIVED MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE. THERE IS HOPE
I JUST RECEIVED MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE. THERE IS HOPE
Hooray! Congratulations! So happy for you! 🙂
I'll take a look later today.
UC Davis SOM!
Congratulations pDeluxe!!!
Is it in bad taste to call a school and ask about your position on the wait list?
Is it in bad taste to call a school and ask about your position on the wait list?
No.
I did it last week. I've been sitting on their waitlist for 7 months now, the least they can do is entertain a phone call about my position.
It doesn't help. Right now everyone is calling and unless it's a ranked list there is no answer. If there is a ranked list they often have a policy to reveal or not and will be unlikely to give info if they haven't done so by now.Is it in bad taste to call a school and ask about your position on the wait list?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I'm not mistaken someone said Hopkins doesn't move till June
According to their admissions Facebook page, they have started handing out offers today
k, thanks guys.
More than two acceptances within a week within a relatively small sample of the population.
I got off the wait list at WashU, and I know there was a lot of movement. In the facebook group about 5-10 people chimed in that they had been offered a spot or accepted a spot in the last two weeks.
Keep hope alive everyone!
Anyone hear anything about Western Michigan University? The school specific thread has been pretty silent, except for one person who got off of the wait list after the 15th.
I don't have anything moving at Tulane.
All the action is U of Illinois!
Some movement at Miami, Case and UC Florida.
Hopefully UIC still has spots to fill 🙁
I don't know why, but even with schools I didn't apply to I get stoked when they start moving. I guess it's just cool knowing that people are getting in.I don't have anything moving at Tulane.
All the action is U of Illinois!
Some movement at Miami, Case and UC Florida.
Also, movement at other places can lead to movement at places we're waiting for if accepted applicants get into their higher choices.I don't know why, but even with schools I didn't apply to I get stoked when they start moving. I guess it's just cool knowing that people are getting in.
Yea, I definitely understand that, and while that is nice too that's not really what I meant. Just think it's cool for people. The application process is so stressful its nice to see the good side of it.Also, movement at other places can lead to movement at places we're waiting for if accepted applicants get into their higher choices.
I would be happy just to hear that there is some sort of waitlist movement at the schools I am waitlisted at (aka Temple and Penn State). But I'm almost done with my 2015 AMCAS just in case. 🙂
Congrats to everyone who recently received an acceptance and good luck to those still waiting! It's tough, but we'll all get through it.
Congrats to everyone who recently received an acceptance and good luck to those still waiting! It's tough, but we'll all get through it.
It doesn't help. Right now everyone is calling and unless it's a ranked list there is no answer. If there is a ranked list they often have a policy to reveal or not and will be unlikely to give info if they haven't done so by now.
I never understood how unranked waitlist works. Do they randomly call applicants or do they still base their acceptance from their application and stats?
They will draw waitlist applicants that fill any unmet needs in the class that have developed as a result of attrition.I never understood how unranked waitlist works. Do they randomly call applicants or do they still base their acceptance from their application and stats?
I think that while there's no numerical rank, they group people on the waitlist based on stats and EC's and the rest of the app and then when someone withdraws, they pull from the group that was similar to the applicant who withdrew.I never understood how unranked waitlist works. Do they randomly call applicants or do they still base their acceptance from their application and stats?
I never understood how unranked waitlist works. Do they randomly call applicants or do they still base their acceptance from their application and stats?
They will draw waitlist applicants that fill any unmet needs in the class that have developed as a result of attrition.
Another difference may be that schools with unranked waitlists are open to updates and therefore may be willing to re-evaluate your application. For example all of the schools where I am on an unranked waitlist have explicitly stated that they welcome updates, while the school where I am on a ranked waitlist asks that we send them no further information.
I am interested in this as well. Does anyone have an info? @gyngyn have you seen any movement?Anyone hear anything about Western Michigan University? The school specific thread has been pretty silent, except for one person who got off of the wait list after the 15th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No help. We seem to have little applicant overlap with Western Michigan. I can't say I've seen someone we've interviewed accepted there yet.I am interested in this as well. Does anyone have an info? @gyngyn have you seen any movement?
Bye bye waitlist! Accepted to UC!
Congratulations to the "off-the-waiting-list-admitteds"!! Are admission offers for those on waiting list sent via phone call or email only?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 703
- Views
- 140K