You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Waitlist Support Group
Started by BlandieeBlakee
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
drillinginheels
Full Member
Wow why haven't I found the thread sooner!? Currently waitlisted at 2 schools. Waiting to hear back from 2 more (no interview) but I'm pretty sure they're gonna be rejections since it pretty late in the cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow why haven't I found the thread sooner!? Currently waitlisted at 2 schools. Waiting to hear back from 2 more (no interview) but I'm pretty sure they're gonna be rejections since it pretty late in the cycle.
What schools?
drillinginheels
Full Member
What schools?
UCSF and Western
futureDDS_19
Full Member
Any OOS on IU's waitlist? Does anyone know if they end up going through most of their waitlist at all?
toothfairy!5!
Full Member
I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday from Temple (second time applying)! There's still hope everyone. Keep your heads up!
I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday from Temple (second time applying)! There's still hope everyone. Keep your heads up!
Congrats!
Been on the waitlist at university of Detroit Mercy Dental...still hoping for a spot
How’s everyone else doing? I’m still waitlisted at 6 schools
Still waitlisted at 5 schools. I sure hope April is our month. If not, I'll have to start working on the new application in May and I really don't want to! 

This month I got off the wait list at one school, so I at least have an option, but I am still wait listed at the school I really want to go to.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know; I’m still waitlisted at my first choice and I don’t feel like starting this app again.Still waitlisted at 5 schools. I sure hope April is our month. If not, I'll have to start working on the new application in May and I really don't want to!![]()
Do you at least have any acceptances? You should have only applied to schools which you would be willing to go to if you only had one acceptance.I know; I’m still waitlisted at my first choice and I don’t feel like starting this app again.
Still waitlisted at my first choice and the only interview I had
Well, we still got 20 more days left in April. Hopefully we all get in somewhere.
Does that mean if you do not hear back before May then you’re officially out?Well, we still got 20 more days left in April. Hopefully we all get in somewhere.
Sorry let me clarify; the only school I got waitlisted at was my first choice. Other schools I applied to I’m either rejected or waiting to be rejected at this point.Do you at least have any acceptances? You should have only applied to schools which you would be willing to go to if you only had one acceptance.
No, but the chances of receiving an offer gets progressively worse with each passing week. I'd imagine most programs being full by May. Hell, they're probably pretty much full right now.Does that mean if you do not hear back before May then you’re officially out?
Last edited:
Does that mean if you do not hear back before May then you’re officially out?
No, that’s when I’ll have to start getting ready to reapply. I may get picked up afterwards, but like @California Patriot said, chances get slimmer each week. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
I heard something like if you submit for next cycle and do end up getting in this cycle, AADSAS will refund your money if you request it.
I've officially been rejected from every school I've applied to besides the one I'm waitlisted it [emoji45]
Which one are you waitlisted at?I've officially been rejected from every school I've applied to besides the one I'm waitlisted it [emoji45]
drillinginheels
Full Member
I heard something like if you submit for next cycle and do end up getting in this cycle, AADSAS will refund your money if you request it.
Where did you hear this?
Where did you hear this?
Refunding/Withdrawing Your ADEA AADSAS Application
Review ADEA AADSAS's refund policy, withdrawal information, and how to reinstate your application after a credit card chargeback.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CONGRATS! About time we started seeing some good news in this thread.I was accepted off the waitlist to Temple today!
CONGRATS! About time we started seeing some good news in this thread.
Thank you!!
CONGRATS! About time we started seeing some good news in this thread.
I hope you receive some good news soon!! Rooting for you in the darkness haha
LOL thank you! Maybe this'll be the week!I hope you receive some good news soon!! Rooting for you in the darkness haha

Waitlisted at LSU. Hoping for a miracle at this point
Just got accepted at my number 1 school; university of Detroit mercy. There is hope guys I applied so late; application went through on 11/14 so anything is possible.
CONGRATS!Just got accepted at my number 1 school; university of Detroit mercy. There is hope guys I applied so late; application went through on 11/14 so anything is possible.
I'm right there with you. Hold on for a few more weeks. It's still not over. We'll worry about reapplying sometime in May. Good luck.I guess I will be reapplying soon since I haven’t heard back from any schools...
Thanks, Good luck to you too!I'm right there with you. Hold on for a few more weeks. It's still not over. We'll worry about reapplying sometime in May. Good luck.
Keep in mind if you do reapply for next cycle, then end up with somewhere to go from this cycle, you can ask AADSAS for a refund within 2 weeks of getting the acceptance.I guess I will be reapplying soon since I haven’t heard back from any schools...
SalinasDDS
Full Member
Keep the faith, I declined my spot at UCSF! There is hope!!UCSF and Western
SpitfireX9
Full Member
Don't lose hope, I had 2 of my buddies get in off waitlists in the last few weeks.
Is it me or do waitlist not seem to be moving this cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it me or do waitlist not seem to be moving this cycle?
Definitely getting that vibe lol. The school I am waitlisted at has had no movement, and the schools I applied to (which I am following) has not had any movement either...
Is it me or do waitlist not seem to be moving this cycle?
posting activity on SDN has dropped a bunch in the last year
compare the thread sizes on the acceptance thread year to year and you will see
DAT bootcamp FB page has taken up a lot of the activity
Hey guys. Keep calling and emailing the schools. Squeaky wheel gets the oil 😉
Good luck!
Good luck!
Hey guys. Hope you don't mind if I join the waitlist family.
1 (and only interview) - MWU-IL
1 (and only interview) - MWU-IL
futureDDS_19
Full Member
Are any of you guys waitlisted at Indiana? I haven't contacted them because of their email they sent right after they sent all the waitlists. What do you think would be the best approach for indy?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 952
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K