General Admissions & OTCAS Waitlisted 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the alternate/wait list for Brenau and South Alabama.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the call from South Alabama and they want me :soexcited: :clap: :biglove:

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call from South Alabama and they want me :soexcited: :clap: :biglove:

Whoa that's awesome! How long was your wait? I have a spot at a program, but I'm holding on to hope that I will be accepted off of one of the two waitlists I'm on.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you interview at south alabama? I have an interview there next week and wasn't aware that they had already made a first decision.

Whoa that's awesome! How long was your wait? I have a spot at a program, but I'm holding on to hope that I will be accepted off of one of the two waitlists I'm on.
I heard from them right after the deadline for the people who received acceptances. So I was at the top of the wait list. I'm still waiting to hear from my top school so I'm crossing my fingers that I get into that program. Good luck! :luck:

When did you interview at south alabama? I have an interview there next week and wasn't aware that they had already made a first decision.
Are you interviewing for the MSOT program for Fall 2014?? I interviewed on February 21st which was the regular admission interview day. There weren't any other interview days set for after the day I interviewed so I'm not sure why you would be interviewing there now.

Questions for anyone accepted to phily U or TJ off of waiting list?

1. when did you get your acceptance e-mail?
2. due date for deposit?

Thanx~~

I got an email from TJ last week that no one has been offered a spot off the wait list this year so far. There are a little under 100 people on the wait list and they will keep the wait list going until the end of July. They also said they usually accept a couple people from the list, but it varies year to year. Its not numbered because they re-evaluate all wait list candidates each time a spot opens up, which is great IMO (many of us have done a LOT in the 8 or so months since first turning in our applications!)

I was accepted by Philly U on Feb 4 (directly, not from wait list) and they gave 3 weeks for a $500 deposit. I declined my spot.

Hope that helps! :)

I was just offered a seat to TJ yesterday along with a 6,000 scholarship that's renewable for the following year. I'm really excited and heavily considering attending now! Just know that there is movement going on, with scholarships, too! Don't lose hope. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone wait listed at the university of Oklahoma?

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist at UTMB recently?

**Update**

I've just received the long awaited email - I've been accepted at UTMB off of the wait list!!! Hallelujah & thank you Jesus!!

Last edited:
I am wait listed at UNE and Bay Path College. Really hoping to get into UNE.

Just got accepted off the waitlist at East Carolina University! Woop woop! Y'all hang in there!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently on the wait list for AT Still and Dominican University. I was wait listed for UMN last year, I reapplied this year and they offered me a seat for Fall 2014. :)

Anybody waitlisted at Pacific? I am, and in the top tier so very anxious to hear some news either way!! I heard that all accepted applicants had until April 1st to confirm, so you would think that we might start hearing something? ;)

I got a call this morning offering a position at UNE from the wait list. I turned it down and will be going to Belmont, but there is movement happening :) Good luck to you all!

Is anyone here on Midwestern AZ's waitlist? I was put on the waitlist back in December and am wondering if anyone has heard anything!

I just received my letter saying I was on the alternate list. We are in the same boat! Have you heard anything from them?

I just received my letter saying I was on the alternate list. We are in the same boat! Have you heard anything from them?

I still haven't heard anything! When I last called, they said they wouldn't start taking people from the alternate list until the interviews were over, and I think they're interviewing through April. I'm pretty set on another school though, so we'll see. Hopefully we'll hear soon!

Has there been any movement on the Philly U wait list? Anyone know when final decisions will be made regarding this program and the wait list?

I wonder how many of us are still on the wait list at UTMB? I haven't seen anyone mention it lately.

Has anyone been accepted off of Columbia University's waitlist?

I'm in at UTMB!! Just received the email that I'm off of the wait list!! :soexcited:

I'm in at UTMB!! Just received the email that I'm off of the wait list!! :soexcited:

Hi TexasOT2be,
Any info on how many people have been pulled off the Wait list at UTMB. Am still hoping to get an email. If u don't mind what is your GPA? Thanks.

Hi TexasOT2be,
Any info on how many people have been pulled off the Wait list at UTMB. Am still hoping to get an email. If u don't mind what is your GPA? Thanks.

The email didn't mention how many still left on the list. If you email the school they are pretty good about responding with a number. I have until May 2nd to accept or decline my spot, so don't give up hope! It is a long way until August and it seems like there has been quite a bit of movement off of the wait list. My overall GPA was 3.0 but my last 60 hours were 3.8 and all prerequisites were A's except for a B in statistics. I had over 200 hours of observation and wonderful lor's from people who really wanted me to succeed as an OT.

Hang in there!!

The email didn't mention how many still left on the list. If you email the school they are pretty good about responding with a number. I have until May 2nd to accept or decline my spot, so don't give up hope! It is a long way until August and it seems like there has been quite a bit of movement off of the wait list. My overall GPA was 3.0 but my last 60 hours were 3.8 and all prerequisites were A's except for a B in statistics. I had over 200 hours of observation and wonderful lor's from people who really wanted me to succeed as an OT.

Hang in there!!
So there is hope for people who have a 3.0 to 3.3 overall grade point average…….so inspirational…...

Well Philly U is now officially full. No more spots off the wait-list will be awarded. Here's to next year!
:(:mad:

I'm on the wait-list for FIU. It's been a month and a week since I found out and I still haven't heard anything back. :(

I just got accepted from Chatham and Bay Path's waitlist. Y'all hang in there!

Finally got an acceptance phone call today from UTHSCSA. Classes start next week. Thank God!!!
Hang in there guys. Miracles do happen.

Wow @OTforever you got accepted a week before classes started? That's amazing! Congrats!! That gives me hope... I have four months until classes start. I've been on the wait list for a month and a half now. It's extremely frustrating. :(

I was accepted off the wait list to Thomas Jefferson University last week!!! Even though its going to be a crazy last minute hassle changing schools and housing and everything, I've decided its worth it and am SO excited to attend. I had 99.9% given up hope on getting in, so to those of you in the same boat, keep in touch with the school, show your passion and commitment and just continue giving it your all, it is possible! Thank you so much to @alg5443 and @coolrunnins for the suggestions and advice, it was really helpful! Looking forward to meeting you both this Fall :)

holy ****~!!!!!! accepted to TJ today.
no kidding. i'm not sure if i read the e-mail right.

still can't believe this....

is this REAL????

is this REAL????
Lol better get to packing, pinch yourself to make sure it is not a dream lol. Congrats!! :)

is this REAL????

haha I know! I was accepted last week and still feel that way :) Congrats!

Last edited:
Florida International University still has me on a wait-list since April 2nd. It's about to be four months already and still nothing. I've called and showed up several times, but they really can't tell me much. School starts August 25th... I don't know what else to do anymore. :(

Towson University moved me off their wait list a couple weeks ago! :)

From what I read TWU has very, very very high GPA requirements. A 3.85 was "barely competitive" from what I heard from an applicant. I'm curious, btw, why is it "Texas Woman's University" vs "Texas Women's University"? Woman's indicates it is a university which belongs to one woman.

I know, I'm weird. Has anyone else thought of this? Or am I all alone? Lol.
Nope, you are not alone, I actually brought this up in an argument with a student from there in my undergrad years who was overdoing it in bragging about her school and making it seem like people that went to my undergrad school that was down the street from hers were not as intelligent or hard-working. She fumbled the argument from then on when I brought the naming of the school up lol. Her pride may never make a full recovery.

HAHAHAHHA! It could have made some sense at the time? Not sure. It just stood out at me. Feminine plural possessive. woman's? Hm!
That said I don't think that program is any joke, and I have nothing bad to report about it. I have heard getting in is intense; but, they only consider your last 60 hours. That said, they want nearly a 4.0 in those last 60, with excellent references, and great shadowing and volunteer hours in general. Anyone who can rehabilitate a mediocre GPA with all of that deserves to be in a program.
Lol very true, I understand you want the best and brightest to go into OT but let's be honest, it is not on the same difficulty scale as med school so needing students to have an extremely high gpa to even be considered for a program sounds pretty silly to me but nevertheless schools gotta use something to narrow down the hundred of potential candidates to a future cohort and gpa is the easy way to go............

I'm applying for 2015! May I ask your stats? Towson is my top school!

Sure!
Undergrad: Messiah College
Major: B.S. Psychology
GPA: 3.65
Last 60: 3.59 (just short of the early admission option!)
Observation hours: 1,000+ from outpatient PT/OT clinic, 6 months full time working at a school with autistic population
Recommendations: 2 from OTs and 1 from college professor

Good luck!

I hope you aren't continuing observation hours after you have 1000 hours. 1001 won't help :)

I am beginning a MOT program in a few weeks...no more observation hours needed.

I am beginning a MOT program in a few weeks...no more observation hours needed.
Are you from Maryland? or out of state? Towson is my top school but I heard it was hard to get into if you weren't in state.

How are we supposed to compete with people who have 1000+ hours?! Ugh I don't have time to do all that!!
I heard from the OT I shadowed that doing more than what the school wants doesn't really make you stand out... That they just want to see a good chunk of hours in a couple settings.

Congrats to all of those who made it from the waitlist into the program! Whew! What a relief!!!!!!

And to those who did not, do not despair, there are many things you can do to be competitive for the next cycle if you truly want it!

You don't need 1,000 hours. I feel like that's probably more like someone who has a job in that setting so they just have a lot of experience. I would suggest going over the required amount just to show that you are interested in this field and willing to go the extra mile, but you don't need an absurd amount.

Finally got an acceptance phone call today from UTHSCSA. Classes start next week. Thank God!!!
Hang in there guys. Miracles do happen.
Do you mind me asking what your stats were?