Waitlisted at LECOM-Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asian pharm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had sent my pharmcas application and supplimental back in december, interviewed on feb 8, and got a letter today that i am waitlisted.

i m losing hope now to hear from any other colleges, i have still not heard anything from nova after interview with them, adn also nothing from USN. maybe i will not be accepted anywhere,!?
my science gpa is 3.88 and non science is about the same, no bachleors though. 1 year tech experience at retail. maybe having no bachleors affected my waitlisting, or maybe i messed up on interview. i just dont understand what goes wrong with every school. I am so depressed now,i think maybe i will never make it to pharm school.

Members don't see this ad.

hey,

dont feel so down now. im in the same boat as well. however, just as long as you know that you gave it your best shot, then that's good enough. be glad with what you accomplished. i think that getting an interview offer is already a privilege because not all applicants get that. just see it as a learning experience and reapply next year earlier with a stronger application. your gpa looks really good to me. if you dont get in this year, then most likely you will get in next year. so keep your head up!
:)

I had sent my pharmcas application and supplimental back in december, interviewed on feb 8, and got a letter today that i am waitlisted.

i m losing hope now to hear from any other colleges, i have still not heard anything from nova after interview with them, adn also nothing from USN. maybe i will not be accepted anywhere,!?
my science gpa is 3.88 and non science is about the same, no bachleors though. 1 year tech experience at retail. maybe having no bachleors affected my waitlisting, or maybe i messed up on interview. i just dont understand what goes wrong with every school. I am so depressed now,i think maybe i will never make it to pharm school.

That's a long wait to finally hear about the waitlisting, it is better than completely bad news. What is your overall GPA, if you don't mind me asking? Also, how did you feel about the interview after it was over and who interviewed you? Is English your first language? Perhaps these played a role.

Members don't see this ad :)
my overall gpa is 3.84 and i interviewed with Dr weimer. i thought i did really good on the initerview. i prepared from this site's interview feed back and was very well versed with what they were going to ask.
i am from a different country but english cannot be counted as a second language though, i have been speaking it since the age of 5, but who knows what went wrong.

my overall gpa is 3.84 and i interviewed with Dr weimer. i thought i did really good on the initerview. i prepared from this site's interview feed back and was very well versed with what they were going to ask.
i am from a different country but english cannot be counted as a second language though, i have been speaking it since the age of 5, but who knows what went wrong.

I am also on the same boat as you.

Its tough to say what they were looking for. I have a degree in chem., 3.93 GPA all around, tech exp, Research exp., I was a TA as well. But what threw me off was that some of the questions they asked were more difficult than the other schools I interviewed with. I could not formulate the best answer that would satisfy them. So that could be 1 reason why they wait listed me as well.

I could only imagine that your interview score did not arouse them enough. You may have given a clear, concise and reasonable answer. But it wasnt what they wanted to hear.

After my experience with them: I am very confident that the school emphasizes good communication and interviewing skills before they look at GPAs and extra curricular stuff. I would probably say that LECOMs interview is the most demanding when compared to other schools. They want you to be able to answer those interview questions as fast as a politician answers questions from the press, and make them happy as well.

I would not be depressed and dont let them get to you. I'm sure you have a good chance at those other schools. You may also want to consider applying to Albany College of Pharmacy if nothing works out. They are also similar to LECOM in that they look at GPA, but I would say they are more organized. Good luck.

I honestly think you have a good chance of getting into LECOM, I think quite a number are going to decline later because it is a new school so I think you have a chance, just don't give up.

Got my rejection letter in the mail today. Rejected with no interview.

Don't feel bad about waiting on USN...I was just there this weekend for an interview and Dr. DeYoung said that after this last interview, they were going to compare all the scores and let everyone know their status around the end of April beginning of May. So don't worry, you still have a good chance of being accepted. What sucks though is that they are going to put 150 people on the waitlist this year and if you do happen to be waitlisted, they can't tell you where on the waitlist you are at (ex. whether you are #5 or #125 lol). I wish you luck...don't worry, you'll get in somewhere :)

i just got a waitlist letter today from lecom-bradenton..i mean after waiting almost 2 months for a decision, a waitlist is better than a rejection..atleast i still have a chance, i thought i was rejected for sure..im just curious, did anyone get rejected that interviewed?? or do they put everyone on the waitlist that interviewed?? curious to know..we'll see what happens.

And I have yet to hear anything at all...:(

I would not fell too bad about this, I graduated with an Honor BS in Microbiology with a 3.75 overall GPA. I also have a Master's in Public Health with a 4.0 GPA. I got a 97 on the PCAT. So far from the schools I have heard from I have been waitlisted or rejected. Not too many applicants have master's degrees when they apply and my GPA and PCAT are well above the average at all the schools I've applied. Most schools have told me that I got scored lower on the interview portion! What the *&@!@! With your GPA and my GPA, I'm clueless why we have not got in yet... There is absolutly no logic in this process.:)

I would not fell too bad about this, I graduated with an Honor BS in Microbiology with a 3.75 overall GPA. I also have a Master's in Public Health with a 4.0 GPA. I got a 97 on the PCAT. So far from the schools I have heard from I have been waitlisted or rejected. Not too many applicants have master's degrees when they apply and my GPA and PCAT are well above the average at all the schools I've applied. Most schools have told me that I got scored lower on the interview portion! What the *&@!@! With your GPA and my GPA, I'm clueless why we have not got in yet... There is absolutly no logic in this process.:)

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but there is more to being a pharmacist than getting good grades and degrees. If someone can't do well during an interview, then how can they counsel a patient about a medication that can have potentially dangerous side effects? Just a thought. Nothing against you, you may have been nervous...but I think they all expect some nervousness.

I agree. I have a 3.95 gpa and a 91 on the PCAT with pharm experience and I didn't even get an interview. I will be reapplying next year.

I agree with the aspect of being a potentially good pharmacist. I have worked as a pharmacy tech for two years. I got great letters from pharmacists I worked with. How can you compare years of work and recommendations from people who have known you for years with a 40 minute interview? Some people do not interview well, maybe myself included. But I will not suck up during an interview to anyone and I command a little respect for what I have done education wise. I have applied to medical schools and have been accepted by Stanford and Duke just to name a couple so I know that I have good qualities personally. There are plenty of people i have seen get rejected that I feel will be much better pharmacists than those getting accepted. Honestly, it would be nice if the system was fair but most of it is just a game. I just want to say to all those who have gotten the shaft, do not let it get you down because everybody has desirable qualities and anyone can become a pharmacist if they are persistent!:D

Hello,
Yes it is true that there is more to become a pharmacist then just a good score n gpa.. I have been accepted to LECOM n NOVA and i have interview with UF next friday. this is a shock for me b/c my pcat score sucks, i dont have a B.S., i go to community college, don't have any volunteer work experience, no leadership experience. but i do have strong gpa and i have been working in a retail pharmacy for almost 2 yrs. english is not my first language n i moved in states with my family before 4 yrs, so in interviews language is definately a barrier for me. and i do get really nervous in interviews (i had 3 interviews so far and 4th is next week) but i try not to show it. show u r confident, make eye contact, and show tht u r sincere n passionate abt pharmacy which i did n i guess thts y i got in.
i had interview Dr. wiemar (not sure if i m spelling it right) and he did most of the talking (i heard same thing from my classmate who also got in). i thought the LECOM interview was a joke compare to nova n wingate (NC). i wasn't sure if lecom would be a good choice since it's a new school and i didn't get to talk to any lecom students ( i did in nova) so i chose to go to nova (unless i get accepted in uf)

i hope this helped, let me know if u have any questions

I'm really shocked at hearing that about those with such high gpas and pcat being waitlisted or rejected. I very sorry to hear that. My suggestion is apply early next year. Early meaning august or september. I interviewed for lecom erie(in which more people applied to than bradenton) and I know I did HORRIBLE!! I kept on saying "I guess" after every answer and I know I gave the same answer for two questions. When I got a letter a week later saying I got accepted, I was really suprised. I then thought that the interview was a joke then if I got accepted after my bad performance or that I got really lucky. However, I sent my application in around september and got interviewed at the end of january. so mayby that was it..Good luck

It's tough to say what LECOM or any school is looking for exactly in their ideal candidate to represent their school (unless you have the inside info about the admissions committee). I hear they generally look for someone who has a certain/proper "fit" at the school and their program, unless you have a contact and/or political connections. I hear they also look for "well-rounded" candidates with actually lives outside of a lab and the library. Needless to say, it takes more than a sky high GPA...

Im a student in tampa and i applied to bradenten LECOM. They received my pharmcas app at the beggining of spring break...
I dont kno if they are still accepting and if the are i dont even kno if i have a chance. my stats are as follows..

GPA-3.6
Math 3.7
Science 3.3
some volunteer work at a hospital pharmacy

I really wnt to get in but am i just a faliurE???

Help please anyone!