Waitlisted from NYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pmasque said:
haha, yes i know exactly what she is talking about since i received both a waitlist letter and and an acceptance for enrollment/withdrawal form (rather than a accpetance for the waitlist/withdrawal form). i figured it was an administrative mistake, and when i called today-it was confirmed, a mistake. person sent out wrong forms with the letters, alas, i have not been given a place in the incoming class (yet) but i am still waitlisted.

as for the difference in letters, maybe after a certain date they leave off the "don't bother us til the summer you punks," which is my best guess.

ok, now to really finish that presentation.... :rolleyes:

I too thought it was because the letters were sent out at different times (like months apart), but JasonUD got his letter in February and PandoraML, who received her letter May 10, said she received the same letter as JasonUD. I too received my wait list letter the same time as PandoraML and it was much different! Go figure!

Members don't see this ad.

YogaBear said:
I too thought it was because the letters were sent out at different times (like months apart), but JasonUD got his letter in February and PandoraML, who received her letter May 10, said she received the same letter as JasonUD. I too received my wait list letter the same time as PandoraML and it was much different! Go figure!

was yours like mine? and i did read that, i guess my brain just isn't processing right now. i'm already thinking of reapplying but i don't know how long i should wait. :confused:

pmasque said:
was yours like mine? and i did read that, i guess my brain just isn't processing right now. i'm already thinking of reapplying but i don't know how long i should wait. :confused:
Yes, you and I had the same letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
pmasque said:
haha, yes i know exactly what she is talking about since i received both a waitlist letter and and an acceptance for enrollment/withdrawal form (rather than a accpetance for the waitlist/withdrawal form).
Same here. I just thought it was another mind game.

pmasque said:
haha, yes i know exactly what she is talking about since i received both a waitlist letter and and an acceptance for enrollment/withdrawal form (rather than a accpetance for the waitlist/withdrawal form). i figured it was an administrative mistake, and when i called today-it was confirmed, a mistake. person sent out wrong forms with the letters, alas, i have not been given a place in the incoming class (yet) but i am still waitlisted.

as for the difference in letters, maybe after a certain date they leave off the "don't bother us til the summer you punks," which is my best guess.

ok, now to really finish that presentation.... :rolleyes:

haha, I got that same letter. I was confused at first. So, what did you end up sending back? I'm thinking I can just write in a "stay on the waitlist" type option and make a check next to it. Did they tell you what they would prefer you to do with that form when you called? I was going to call, but the warning at the end of the letter kind of deterred me...

I sent in the form anyway. I was so bummed about remaining in limbo that I didn't read it thoroughly. But I just called NYCOM this morning. I said I sent in the "confused" form to confirm my place on the waitlist, and the secretary said that was fine. So that's what, 4 waitlists from the last mailing that we know of?

I was waitlisted today. :-(
When can we hope to hear from them?
How do they prioritize their waitlistees?

My letter didnt' say not to call....what does that mean?

just got my letter today. Waitlist. Time to take out the old MCAT books and start round 2

lastminute said:
I was waitlisted today. :-(
When can we hope to hear from them?
How do they prioritize their waitlistees?

My letter didnt' say not to call....what does that mean?

My letter did not say not to call either but apparently the two different wait list letters mean nothing. That was the answer I got anyway when I called! The person had no idea that two different letters even existed. If you call and ask (since your letter did not prohbit you from doing so!) maybe you will get someone who actually knows about the different letters and why they are sent.

just wondering if anyone has moved off the waitlist?
[no im not on it but just wondering for when i apply next yr hopefully c/0 2011]

I am posting this again here for people who do searches in the future about NYCOM's waitlist and may stumble across this thread. I also started a new thread call "Accepted off NYCOM's waitlist" for any of you "NYCOM waitlisters of the future!"

Hey guys!! I did it!! I got a large packet came in the mail today (06-06-2006) from NYCOM and I got taken off the waitlist!!!! I cannot even begin to say how great this feels! I wasn't home and my cell rang and it was my dad. He was crying and I could bearly understand him. I thought my grandfather died! He said a large letter came from NYCOM and I told him to open it and I got in!!! Both my parents then proceeded to call everyone they knew, I didn't get to tell any family members!!!

I think this may have helped: On Thursday June 1st I put on a shirt and tie and hand delivered another LOR with some updates to Rodika Zaika, Director of Admissions. I just walked into admissions, asked to see her (she was standing next to the secratery I asked) and said hi I'm Jason ******, I'm on the waitlist for 2010 and I just wanted to give you this letter. She then said "oh yeah, I remember you. You've called a few times. Thanks for the letter." I then asked if there was any movment on the waitlist yet and she said no. That was all, literally less than 2 minutes. The letter I got today was dated June 2nd and signed by her. I don't know if this put me over the top or was a coincidence but I thought I would let you fellow waitlisters figure that out!

Thanks again for all your support guys and good luck to you fellow waitlisters! NYCOM 2010 OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JasonUD said:
I am posting this again here for people who do searches in the future about NYCOM's waitlist and may stumble across this thread. I also started a new thread call "Accepted off NYCOM's waitlist" for any of you "NYCOM waitlisters of the future!"

Hey guys!! I did it!! I got a large packet came in the mail today (06-06-2006) from NYCOM and I got taken off the waitlist!!!! I cannot even begin to say how great this feels! I wasn't home and my cell rang and it was my dad. He was crying and I could bearly understand him. I thought my grandfather died! He said a large letter came from NYCOM and I told him to open it and I got in!!! Both my parents then proceeded to call everyone they knew, I didn't get to tell any family members!!!

I think this may have helped: On Thursday June 1st I put on a shirt and tie and hand delivered another LOR with some updates to Rodika Zaika, Director of Admissions. I just walked into admissions, asked to see her (she was standing next to the secratery I asked) and said hi I'm Jason ******, I'm on the waitlist for 2010 and I just wanted to give you this letter. She then said "oh yeah, I remember you. You've called a few times. Thanks for the letter." I then asked if there was any movment on the waitlist yet and she said no. That was all, literally less than 2 minutes. The letter I got today was dated June 2nd and signed by her. I don't know if this put me over the top or was a coincidence but I thought I would let you fellow waitlisters figure that out!

Thanks again for all your support guys and good luck to you fellow waitlisters! NYCOM 2010 OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you guys mind posting your stats plaese or PM me if you dont mind Im from Long Island and badly want to go to NYCOM and would like some ideas of numbers of people watlisted

thanks a lot

JasonUD said:

Hey Dr. Jason Congrats!!! That's a great story you have. Good luck to you man. Study hard and NYCOM will turn you into an excellent physician. :D

A world of opportunities is now your man. You should feel very proud. Again Congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
JasonUD said:

Good for you. Apparently they knew that you meant business. I highly doubt that letter being dated the same date you walked in there was a coincidence. Enjoy your final 5 or so weeks off!

I am in the process of reapplying to NYCOM (currently waitlisted) I want to contact either Rodika or Taren to find out what it is that the committee didnt like about me so that I can know how to be a better candidate (aside from the ovious MCAT, GPA, and EC). i know this option is available in other schools has anyone done this for NYCOM and gotten some useful info? I feel like getting info from either Rodika or Taren is like pulling teeth and i get frustrated listening to all the politically correct BS they send my way.
I am particularly interested in my interview feedback since i personally thought it went beautifully...but i guess my intuition was wrong. Help, what do i say? and who should i say it to?

you should still be trying to get in!

NYCOM has an Open House in October/November and then they start interviews. I think you should wait until 2 weeks after first year starts to talk to them about how to be a better candidate. Definitely go to the open house.

so i'm one of those still on the wait list...when do classes begin in the fall? (ie how long do i have to cross my fingers for before giving up)

Hey All!

Just wanted to let you know that I just got accepted off of NYCOM's wait list for the Class of 2010. So for all of you wait listers out there, there is still hope!

Kristin

Yay!! Congratulations! How elated are you right now?!

See you in a few weeks!

Kristin0717 said:
Hey All!

Just wanted to let you know that I just got accepted off of NYCOM's wait list for the Class of 2010. So for all of you wait listers out there, there is still hope!

Kristin

That's so awesome, congrats!! Now if only they'd give us former waitlisters a tuition break for making us wait sooo long!!

Good luck to those still on the list! Class actually starts on the 22nd for us (21st is orientation) and Ms. Croot had told me they will take people off the list until the first day of class. There's still hope...maybe you should try to give Rodika a visit and give her another letter of intent saying why you love nycom and why you will thrive there.

I second Krisitin's message of hope! I just got my acceptance letter today as well! Thank you God! And thanks for all the people who post that have kept my spirits up!

YogaBear said:
I second Krisitin's message of hope! I just got my acceptance letter today as well! Thank you God! And thanks for all the people who post that have kept my spirits up!

I just received an acceptance letter today as well. However, I have chosen to matriculate elsewhere. I really hope that somebody else on the waitlist gets my spot as soon as possible.

YogaBear said:

Congrats to you too! And thanks to everyone else for the congrats! I'm so excited!!! Let's hope I still feel this way when I'm pulling all-nighters :)

Kristin0717 said:
Congrats to you too! And thanks to everyone else for the congrats! I'm so excited!!! Let's hope I still feel this way when I'm pulling all-nighters :)
kristin congrats !
you mind sharing your stats for some future nycom hopefulls

called up office yesterday, the lady told me there was no movement of the waitlist yet...so are they blatantly lying? i mean u understand their situation where ppl must be calling everyday to find out, but at least tell me the truth that there has been some movement and that's all they can tell me

chief_agith said:
called up office yesterday, the lady told me there was no movement of the waitlist yet...so are they blatantly lying? i mean u understand their situation where ppl must be calling everyday to find out, but at least tell me the truth that there has been some movement and that's all they can tell me

Hang in there..

chief_agith said:

Although they are not making your life easier their intentions are definitely not malicious. At least you are not in the dark and know that there actually is movement. I wish you the best. Good luck.

chief_agith said:

Go onto the NYIT website and find the numbers to directly call Rodika Zaika or Taryn Croot (http://www.nyit.edu/). I would always call Ms Croot over the secretaries because they would never answer my questions (maybe they're not allowed or just don't know the answer). When I showed up in the office in June with another LOI Rodika said oh yeah I remember you, you called a few times. Ms Croot always gave me 10X the information than the regular admissions phone number and she always said she'd make a note in my file that I called. Don't give up, you still have three weeks to fight for your spot! If you live close try hand delivering another LOI to Ms Zaika, she's the one who pulls people off the waitlist.

JasonUD said:
Go onto the NYIT website and find the numbers to directly call Rodika Zaika or Taryn Croot (http://www.nyit.edu/). I would always call Ms Croot over the secretaries because they would never answer my questions (maybe they're not allowed or just don't know the answer). When I showed up in the office in June with another LOI Rodika said oh yeah I remember you, you called a few times. Ms Croot always gave me 10X the information than the regular admissions phone number and she always said she'd make a note in my file that I called. Don't give up, you still have three weeks to fight for your spot! If you live close try hand delivering another LOI to Ms Zaika, she's the one who pulls people off the waitlist.

3 weeks :eek: when do classes start there?? That seems pretty late.

AlberttheGator said:
3 weeks :eek: when do classes start there?? That seems pretty late.

Orientation is on the 21st and then we think we have class on the 22nd but we're not totally sure (it says class on the orientation guide but we dont know if those are actual classes or welcome to med school type classes).

Kristin0717 said:
Hey All!

Kristin
Hey Kristin congrats! I guess FCLC people do get into medschool... :)
Cheers
howie

Two people just dropped out of our class this weekend so that means there are two new spots!

Just got pulled off the waitlist TODAY. Anyone need a roommate?
No seriously, I really need a roommate.
I am a 22 year old female. No pets or terribly bad habits...just a boyfriend. i had a great experience with my undergrad roommates so I know am I easy to get along with. the only request i have is that potential roommate not be narcoleptic. I had a really bad experience with a suitemate. Please PM me if your interested.

ksmtkiss said:
I am a 22 year old female. No pets or terribly bad habits...just a boyfriend. i had a great experience with my undergrad roommates so I know am I easy to get along with. the only request i have is that potential roommate not be narcoleptic. I had a really bad experience with a suitemate. Please PM me if your interested.
congratulations! :) :) :D

wow. congrats!

ksmtkiss said:

Congrats! Talk about NYCOM cutting it close! I heard that the last person excepted at some school ( I want to say NOVA ) gets a scholarship...if only NYCOM did that too! See you in a week!

Maybe this is not the right place to post this question.. but it is about NYCom so hope it is.

I'm looking in to the NYcom very seriously.
I have a very good science GPA 3.83 but I didnt study the best possible for MCAT and ended up with 8 bio 9 physics and 3 Verbal
now dont ask me how I got a 3 in verbal .. maybe I messed up when I was filling in the boxes or maybe I speak french not english... (I have been here in US for 5 years now lol)

I have worked in ER operation room for more than 150 hours and NYcom is 15 min drive from our house (a NY resident)

What should I expect .. specially applying early .. in a week or 2 by beggining of september 2006 for next year.

I mean I called the school and they said they need at least a 19 in mcat and at least 3.2 GPA but can my 3.8 GPA from Towson university over rule my very low mcat verbal?

if anyone take a minute and answer me I would be sooooo much appreciated!

P.S. I will try my best to get letters from DO s and MDs and even students NYcom .. any suggestions would be well appreciated! :idea:

This wasn't the right thread to post in, but I will give you my opinion= you need to retake that MCAT and apply now with that distribution is a waste of $$$ and time

This wasn't the right thread to post in, but I will give you my opinion= you need to retake that MCAT and apply now with that distribution is a waste of $$$ and time

Hehe I am now on the waitlist of 2011 class. which me luck!