Waitlisted- Send a letter of intent/interest?

Started by manne02
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

manne02

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm waitlisted at a school that I really want to go. The school specifically states that they don't want calls about wait list status, but I've been given the advice to write a letter of intent or a thank you note to the school. Does anybody have experience in doing this? Should I send a letter or is it too late now that it's almost July?
 
I'm waitlisted at a school that I really want to go. The school specifically states that they don't want calls about wait list status, but I've been given the advice to write a letter of intent or a thank you note to the school. Does anybody have experience in doing this? Should I send a letter or is it too late now that it's almost July?

You can try it. It will probably help more than hurt.
 
*UPDATE*
So I did write a letter of intent to my top choice and about a week later I was accepted! I can't say for sure that this was all because of that letter, but I think it definitely helped. So, if anybody is still waitlisted I recommend sending a letter too!

P.S. My letter was a full page, single spaced, and I think it was very strong (my statements were backed up by evidence)
 
*UPDATE*
So I did write a letter of intent to my top choice and about a week later I was accepted! I can't say for sure that this was all because of that letter, but I think it definitely helped. So, if anybody is still waitlisted I recommend sending a letter too!

P.S. My letter was a full page, single spaced, and I think it was very strong (my statements were backed up by evidence)

You did the right thing, congratulations.