Waitlisters In!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbtk18

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like a lot of folks, I've been waitlisted.

In your opinion, do you think it is inappropriate to send your interviewer an email asking what you could do to improve your competitiveness? My interviewer just seemed more like an advocate than anything and I think would shoot me strait.

Is this crossing the line?

Members don't see this ad.

im pretty sure it wont help at all...if the adcoms already made up their decision..you interviewer may not have much authority..some one even sit on the panels they simply complete a write up after the interview...

now if you mean competativeness for next year...well you can find all the info you need right here at sdn..

Write a letter of interest or intent to the dean of admissions and include any updates of things you've been doing since your interview or that weren't on your AMCAS. That's your best shot at getting in off the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Write a letter of interest or intent to the dean of admissions and include any updates of things you've been doing since your interview or that weren't on your AMCAS. That's your best shot at getting in off the waitlist.

This is exactly what the Dean of Admissions at Loloya told me about 20 minutes ago. He called me to tell me I was on the waitlist.

Agreed. I've been told this many times, because I am waitlisted. I thought about writing to my interviewer, but it won't help.

About these letters of desperation. NJMS, for example, says that I'm waitlisted and won't be reviewed again until june. So.. if i send a LOI is there any chance i'll get off the naughty list before then!? Otherwise I gotta withdraw and reapply.:thumbdown:

What are good things to do in the coming weeks to improve?

Volunteering? Shadowing?