waitlisters, there is STILL hope!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

petunia

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just wanted to send a quick message to tell all of those who are still waiting and hoping that there IS hope. i just got a call yesterday (7/31) with an offer to start orientation on 8/13. i'm still in a state of disbelief, but i'm quite excited. i was about 2 minutes away from certifying my AMCAS application for early decision for NEXT YEAR. now i'll be starting in two weeks!!! so, good luck to anyone who is still holding out!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm happy you don't have to go through this process again, especially this year! Mind sharing where you got in?

Congrats, Petunia! It's a great feeling, isn't it? I got the call about a month ago from the only school that was still considering me. Luckily, it was one of my first choices anyway. Every year, there are people who get in a week or 2 before school starts, and some get in the DAY that school starts! Good luck to everyone still hoping...

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into UNC.... it was the only place I had applied and really the only school I wanted to attend.

good luck to all!

congratulations petunia! does anyone have any tips as to any action that might be taken to help an alternate pool position apart from the letters of intent and calling the admissions office? now that there are less than three weeks left til orientation starts, i feel like there is something more i should be doing, but my advisor says that i shouldn't be calling more than once a week...any advice? :confused:

Congratulations Petunia!!!! I was just informed on 7/31 that i had been pulled off of the U Miami waitlist. i had been waiting for almost a year since i had applied so it was a complete shock when i received the good news. it was also my second year applying. to all you waitlisters there is still hope!! dont ever give up on your dreams and if you need to reapply then go ahead and do it as many times as it takes. i will now be attending medical school with my girlfriend of five years!!!. after nearly two years of going through this application process i feel your pain but my advice is to be patient and things will fall into place. always believe in yourself because no one else will. good luck to all wailisters and just know that there are many people who have been in your situation and succeeded. good luck i am so freakin happy you cant even begin to imagine!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!! :)

way to go Petunia and benzene! What a nice way for your story to turn out, benz. Now you can pitch the Gaviscon out the window and sleep well--or have a romp with the girlfriend. Celebrate!

--kris

I too was pulled off the waitlist for my first choice school last week! I had been procrastinating starting my 2002 AMCAS- and I'm so glad I did! There are still spots opening, but slowly! Don't give up yet!!!

At University of South Florida- sooo glad I don't have to go anywhere with cold weather!!