Waitlists of the World Unite!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nossan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The waitlist for my in-state school, UAB, is moving much more slowly than it has in the past two years. Since movement among the lists are all somewhat interconnected, I wonder if other schools/waitlists are experiencing this.

Also, I know May 15th is a big date for movement, but what exactly happens then? I know that people are encouraged to give up all but one spot and deposits become non-refundable. Is there anything more?

Members don't see this ad.

The waitlist for my in-state school, UAB, is moving much more slowly than it has in the past two years. Since movement among the lists are all somewhat interconnected, I wonder if other schools/waitlists are experiencing this.

Also, I know May 15th is a big date for movement, but what exactly happens then? I know that people are encouraged to give up all but one spot and deposits become non-refundable. Is there anything more?

It's not that they're encouraged, it's that the AAMC does not allow you to hold onto multiple acceptances past the May 15th deadline, which is why most waitlists move during that time.