waiving toefl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends
do you know which dental school waive Toefl test for students who have a master degree from United States.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello friends
do you know which dental school waive Toefl test for students who have a master degree from United States.
thanks

I think that in most school, when you have already have a US degree you don't need the toefl test. Anyways, I recommend you to send an email to the directors of the schools you would like to apply.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone happen to know if you need to take TOEFL if you are a US citizen who has graduated from an international school?

Do you have any degree from the US? High School? Masters? anything? If not, I'm pretty sure you have to present the toefl, it's not about your immigration status is about in which language you studied.

Would anyone happen to know if you need to take TOEFL if you are a US citizen who has graduated from an international school?

Actually, for normal graduate programs, if you apply as a US citizen, there is no requirement for TOEFL even if you were just born here and raised in another country without learning much of English. Many of my friends who did PhD in US, US citizen but never really lived in US past infant age, did not need to take TEOFL or prove any of English skills.

I am not sure if there is a special case for dental school. ( I am doubting though, bc when you apply as a citizen, they don't usually require you to prove English skills, there is no such a section you have to provide those)

It is very simple to find out just reading the admission requirements. Most schools just ask for the TOEFL from everyone to ensure that candidates are able to communicate