Wake Forest Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Admissions committee has met...

Members don't see this ad.

DrThom said:
Put your name in the hat and apply for financial aid.
Either way, it doesn't hurt to try.

Can we do anything to help our chances of getting a scholarship other than just send in the regular Wake Forest Financial Aid App?

Oh, another thing...

Do the different classes at Wake help each other out a lot. I know other schools have told me that older classes hand down study guides, housing info, info on good deals and bad deals, and other general info to the incoming/younger classes.

Wondering if there is that sort of collegiality at Wake?

Lots of questions! Thanks-

Members don't see this ad :)
MN81 said:
Oh, another thing...

Do the different classes at Wake help each other out a lot. I know other schools have told me that older classes hand down study guides, housing info, info on good deals and bad deals, and other general info to the incoming/younger classes.

Wondering if there is that sort of collegiality at Wake?

Lots of questions! Thanks-

The classes here at Wake are very friendly towards each other. Before our first set of exams, students from the class above us come down and help us prepare for the material and explain what the exams will be like. For anatomy, they also set up practice lab practicals for us on Saturdays. We also have a site called web crossing where classes post study guides that everyone can use and even the professors post study aids on that site as well. Upon entering, you get a nice book from the class before you that tells you about each of the professors, what to expect, places to go out to eat, bars, and general stuff about Winston. The website gives a comprehensive list of housing that is available and if students find openings during the year, they are passed to each of the four classes via email. Our own class is very good about sharing information. Some people will make powerpoint review slides and send them to the entire class and we also have transcription groups that take notes for the entire class. So to answer your question, yes, the different classes at Wake work cooperatively and well. Hope this helps!

Wake Med 2009

inflamesdjk02 said:
Don't they actively rank the waitlist as people are being interviewed? For example, even if you interviewed in February, you could be placed at the top of the waitlist and ahead of someone who was placed near the bottom months prior?

From what I was told from one of my peers, the waitlist is set up basically the same way as the interview pool. There are those at the top of the waitlist, in the middle, and the bottom. That's not to say that you can't move up on the waitlist or move down based upon your interest. For instance, if you are in the middle of the waitlist and send wake a letter confirming that they are your top school and that you really want to go there, you stand a good chance of moving up on the list. You can call and find this out, but it is not easy. You really have to pry and ask them if you can find out your relative position on the list. Just don't be too pushy, or you might upset them :laugh: Hope this helps.

Encouraging note from a current first year. I was waitlisted last year after interviewing in January or so. I met with admissions in late February and they told me I was too far down on the waitlist to get in. They told me I was in the bottom of the top 1/3, and even told me the comments I received from the interviewers. So I moved out west and attempted to figure out what I'd be doing for the next year. I received a call in late June asking if I was still interested and was accepted a couple days later. So never give up hope. I know it's a terrible process, but hang in there. Also, my class is a lot of fun. We'll look out for ya when you get here. Good luck!

Hey man, or gal,
Please, please, please do NOT go to Wake. I have read several of your posts and you are annoying as hell. A couple of examples:

1) Someone said that you should call Wake to find out if you got an interview (which is good advice by the way).
Your Response: I heard back from Wake without calling. That was back in October though...

2)The general trend seems to be that most everyone gets waitlisted, a couple got accepted, but most ppl get accepted off of the waitlist...
Your Response: I wouldn't say that waitlisting is automatic at Wake. I got in right away (in October)...

You also keep dropping this very trollish and detailed questions. Lucky for you there are some nice people out there that take the time to humor you. So please consider SLU or Loyola...anywhere but Wake.

Anybody else interviewing March 6th at Wake?