Wake Forest Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows what we'll be doing during orientation? I was looking through all my stuff for a schedule and I couldn't find one.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

eWake is totally empty as well, but I hear it's mostly just tours, distributions, meetings, and some actual labwork

Hey! During orientation, you do a lot of sitting and listening. There is one day where you get trained to use the programs on your new computers. One day is spent going from employee health and getting shots, immunizations, etc., to human resources to get your ID badge, to photography to get your official picture taken. The other days are mostly hearing from the different departments. You hear from the deans, student services, financial aid (i think), etc. etc. I'm not sure what the above poster meant by labwork but if you are referring to anatomy lab, you don't do that till your first week of school. The nights of orientation are really fun. The school has something going on every night so it's cool to go hang out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for the late notice, but a bunch of 2nd years will be at Burke St. Pub around 11 or so. It's on Burke St (duh), which is downtown. Come on out if you'd like. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

I have 4 chairs (for a dinner table) from IKEA that do not fit into my place. They haven't been sat upon. In fact, they haven't even been assembled yet.

They are nothing special, just medium-dark stained wood. But they are without blemish and would work nicely for whoever wants them.

I will assemble them if you want, it's really easy.

PM me if you want them. I was thinking $50.

Is everyone going solo to the camping trip, or will your wives/husbands etc be coming along?

MN81: I may be interested in your chairs. The only complication is that we don't have a table! I'll let you know as soon as possible, but definitely don't hold them for me.

Does anyone know what guys should be wearing on Monday morning (or during the rest of orientation for that matter)?

registered user said:
MN81: I may be interested in your chairs. The only complication is that we don't have a table! I'll let you know as soon as possible, but definitely don't hold them for me.

Does anyone know what guys should be wearing on Monday morning (or during the rest of orientation for that matter)?

I'll take this directly from the 2nd years' survival guide as people coming off the waitlist may not have it yet...

"What do I "really" need to wear?
Guys: You should wear Khaki pants and a polo shirt or button up shirt. The second day of orientation you will need to wear a shirt and tie because you will be taking your class composite picture. Make sure you look your best because this picture will follow you for your four years at Wake.
Ladies: You should wear nice slacks or a knee-length skirt with a nice blouse. You also need to make sure you dress well the second day because you will be taking your class composite picture."

There you have it: business casual all week and everyone should look hot on Tuesday :laugh:

LabMonster said:
Make sure you look your best because this picture will follow you for your four years at Wake.

Shouldn't we stay out all night the night before and come in tired to the bone so it won't be a case of mistaken identity during rotations?

Also, thanks to EVERYONE who helped us move in this past weekend!! You really made us feel welcome... If you ever need anything that I am capable of doing, then I'm your man. :thumbup:

LabMonster said:
Is everyone going solo to the camping trip, or will your wives/husbands etc be coming along?

Anyone? My wife doesn't want to be the only "other" there... :p

CMar830 said:
While we're on the topic of pre-orientation fun, I remember DrThom tentatively planning a get-together at a pub the night before orientation begins. Is this still a go on the 23rd? :thumbup:

Oh, worry not. It's still on. Look for an email from yours truly w/ all the wonderful details in the next day or so...

Also, if you are a Wake student but not a first year (I know you all read this), you are also invited to come out to Burke St. and mingle. Expect harassing emails to follow...

LabMonster said:

Mine wilnt be coming... sorry.

LabMonster said:

I know two wives that are coming. One being mine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully you can see (or have a link to) what the chairs look like that I have for sale. Visual aids, I figure, might spur somebody to buy these things from me :thumbup:

Again, they are brand new, and haven't been assembled yet.

Attachments

• IKEA picture.jpg
    IKEA picture.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN1606.JPG
    DSCN1606.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 116
LabMonster said:

Accordding to the list of those who have RSVPed in your class there are 3 wives and one friend - so she won't be alone for sure!

Cya Friday!

Anyone know when the Burke street pub is supposed to start. Dr Thom said 9ish - is that still the time?

LabMonster said:
Anyone know when the Burke street pub is supposed to start. Dr Thom said 9ish - is that still the time?

Here's the email that the other classes got. Hope everyone can make it.

COME CELEBRATE THE SUMMER WITH A PRE-ORIENTATION PARTY
The Medical School Class of 2009 is hosting a party on
SUNDAY, JULY 23, starting at 8:00pm at BURKE ST. PUB

$4 cover entitles you to free beer, special mixed drink prices, and shot specials ALL NIGHT!

***A PORTION OF THE PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED TO BRENNER CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL***

I posted my pictures from the camping trip on webshots- same username. Let me know if I butchered your name/spelling.

Well.....Today is the day. I look forward to seeing all of you guys.

Man, all I have to say is that Ann Lambros is the most intelligent and sophisticated person in the world.

;) for the quote slide next year

MN81 said:
Man, all I have to say is that Ann Lambros is the most intelligent and sophisticated person in the world.

;) for the quote slide next year
:laugh:

I haven't met the psychopaths yet either (must be me :thumbup: )

;)

What? No one has time to post anymore? HistoHSDEmbryoPDR :eek: :sleep:

Hey guys - I'm interviewing @ Wake this Friday. Any suggestions / tips?