Wake Forest Interviewing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Folks-
I just have a question and hope someone out there can shed some light on it. I called Wake Forest today to check the status of my application and they said i was is in the second pool of interviews but that they're only interviewing the first pool now. Does anyone know what they mean exactly or how the interviewing works at Wake? Has anyone been told this before and actually gotten an interview. I have a feeling this might be a nice way to say, "You got rejected but we'll tell you later."

Thanks,
Surfdevl02

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Man,

I was placed in that pool last year and never heard a thing from them. I did write numerous letters and make several phone calls to try to get myself outta that pool but it just didn't work (but it's something that may work for you). I think that they place you in that pool if your numbers are just kida average, but I could be wrong. It's still early in the game though, so don't worry. Last year, I didn't get placed in that pool until Feb or March. Good Luck! :)

hasta luego man

hey dookie (you know i have to pick on you)-- i'm in that pool, too. i plan on harassing with updates until they grant me an interview. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what type of stats would put you in the second pool for interviews? Thanks.

I was in their top pool last year and just got waitlisted, top pool, second pool, baby pool, what ever just let me in.

I had a weird experience today also. I decided to call them today just to check but apparently they said i'm in their top interview pool (how'd that happen?) and the lady just scheduled an interview for me then and there. She said that there was an interview slot open for this Friday so if anyone's reading this, give it a try. ;)

Originally posted by Wahoo07
I had a weird experience today also. I decided to call them today just to check but apparently they said i'm in their top interview pool (how'd that happen?) and the lady just scheduled an interview for me then and there. She said that there was an interview slot open for this Friday so if anyone's reading this, give it a try. ;)

Did they say they sent something out to inform you about your interview, and you just did not get it yet?

They didn't send anything/email/etc. and I know my app had been complete since late August, so that's why I decided to call to check the status of my application. Once I called, they said that they would mail me something later on. Weird.

That is weird, I guess I will give them a call. My app has been complete there for a month now.

I've posted on this topic a few times over the past month or two. Do a search for Wake Forest over the past 2 months and you'll see a couple of longer threads. Basically, what Wahoo is saying is very common...it's kind of a way to separate those who are interested from those whoo are just throwing out apps. If you show interest, they will be more interested. I'm not familiar with this 2nd pool thing, but I know of quite a few people who called and then immediately were scheduled an interview on the spot. It won't guarantee a spot, but it will show that you are interested.

good luck

Originally posted by Wahoo07
They didn't send anything/email/etc. and I know my app had been complete since late August, so that's why I decided to call to check the status of my application. Once I called, they said that they would mail me something later on. Weird.

I just got an interview invite by snail mail for Nov. 20th; maybe you'll get that date too.

Help!

As per the request of the illustrious SDN, I called Wake, the lady, really nice, said that my app. is complete and decisions will be mailed, I asked if she can tell me my status on the phone, she said she couln't....

does this most likely mean a pre-secondary rejection? or that my app. may still be under review?

this sucks

whoops.... i meant POST-secondary

Looks like I am joining the group as a member of the second interview pool at Wake Forest.

I called today and was told that I should call back in January if I do not hear from them between now and then. The woman I spoke to said that if I still did not receive an interview by then, I could request that my application be reviewed once more for consideration for interviewing and have my application be brought up to the first pool. Looks like I'll be sending additional LOR's and update letters here if I don't get an acceptance elsewhere by then. :D

So us second pool people are down, but not out, at Wake.