Wake Forest interviews???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEDicated

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i called the admissions office yesterday to check on my application b/c i haven't heard anything from them since returning my secondary. the secretary said i was in an interview pool, BUT that all interview slots are already taken. so i said, "well, does that mean i've been rejected." she replied that they will mail out letters in a couple of weeks. it's ashame b/c i really liked that school and they never gave me a secondary until december! AUG MCAT didn't hurt me with most schools, but im pretty confident it's the reason i got screwed over at wake. somehow some AUG test takers got a secondary earlier while others didnt b/c wake had some sort of glitch while sending out secondaries. anyhow, just a little disappointed. guess i'll have to stop rooting for the demon deacons.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by MEDicated
guess i'll have to stop rooting for the demon deacons.

:laugh: Now you'll just have to root for the Devils in Blue...

I'm sorry that you've had rough luck with Wake. I'm not sure how long they're intereviewing either, but the folks in the admissions office seem to be really nice. Who did you talk to? They're usually a little more helpful. It seems that the person you spoke to should've been straight with you and gave you a concrete answer. I've heard that from the beginning of the interview season through the end, people's files are constantly reviewed for interview, acceptance, etc. Maybe you can call and talk to the Admissions Director, Irene Tise, if that wasn't who you talked to initially.

Best of luck,
H&T

The last day for interviews is next Wednesday, March 10. So, thats probably why the person that you talked to told you that all of the interview slots are filled. Sorry you didn't get a chance to visit us. Good luck with all of your other schools!

Members don't see this ad :)
cocoa,

I noticed you were taken off the waitlist late last year.
For those of us who are currently on the waitlist.
do you know if they have handed out all their acceptances or are they waiting to do that once the interviews are all done? Also, how big is the waitlist and how often will the committee meet now to move people from the waitlist to the acceptance list. Since, I know a few people have and will reject their acceptances.

thanks

Originally posted by MEDicated
so i called the admissions office yesterday to check on my application b/c i haven't heard anything from them since returning my secondary. the secretary said i was in an interview pool, BUT that all interview slots are already taken. so i said, "well, does that mean i've been rejected." she replied that they will mail out letters in a couple of weeks. it's ashame b/c i really liked that school and they never gave me a secondary until december! AUG MCAT didn't hurt me with most schools, but im pretty confident it's the reason i got screwed over at wake. somehow some AUG test takers got a secondary earlier while others didnt b/c wake had some sort of glitch while sending out secondaries. anyhow, just a little disappointed. guess i'll have to stop rooting for the demon deacons.

Wow that really sucks. I'd think that if something like that happens, they'll extend their interview time to accomodate people. Some schools I know of actually interview up to April.

Originally posted by Canrenone
cocoa,

I noticed you were taken off the waitlist late last year.
For those of us who are currently on the waitlist.
do you know if they have handed out all their acceptances or are they waiting to do that once the interviews are all done? Also, how big is the waitlist and how often will the committee meet now to move people from the waitlist to the acceptance list. Since, I know a few people have and will reject their acceptances.

thanks

Most of the spots are filled, but I think that they are still giving outright acceptances. Keep in mind that after interview, many people get waitlisted. There is a lot of waitlist movement in the summer. I am not sure about committee meetings, but as people decline acceptances, they pull from the waitlist. To all those waiting to hear, good luck!

Cocoa,
Can you give me some information concerning the class schedule for MS-I? I had received a sample schedule for a given week, but I'm not sure if this is representative of what a typical week may be like. How many afternoons are free and how much structured class time is there?

Thanks and good luck to those waiting to hear from Wake!

hey cocoa i think i remember during my interview hearing that we would start school in late july, is this for real? i dont remember seeing any school schedule with my accept. letter. im actually hoping school starts then because im sooooooo excited! thanks!!

For us, orientation started the last week in July. Classes began the first week of August.

Depending on your schedule, you typically have 2 free afternoons per week. Lecture from 8-11 or 12, and then you are on your own. The other afternoons are taken up with 2-3 hours of various small groups. Our schedule changes from week to week and from phase to phase, but the sample that they give out during the interview gives a pretty good idea of the structure of our schedule.

Anymore questions, feel free to pm me.

i didn't mean to give the impression that wake's admission office wasn't helpful. the lady who i spoke with was very nice and all, but im just disappointed with the way my application was handled. my brother is a demon deacon, but like you said heal & teach....i might just have to convert over to a blue devil. what a tragedy.