OofWillis

Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
128
0
Status
Medical Student
I'm surprised that I passed the first screen for Wake Forest's secondary. Who else has received their secondary? I don't have anything amazing on my application. Does anybody know how many secondaries Wake Forest sends out?
 

booswim542

Walkin' on Sunshine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
430
1
East coast-ish
Status
Medical Student
We were kind of talking about that and trying to figure it out earlier. It's kind of a mystery to us, the wording on their website makes it seem like not too many people get secondaries. But then, there are quite a few of us on here who have.
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
They use a dartboard.
 
About the Ads

booswim542

Walkin' on Sunshine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
430
1
East coast-ish
Status
Medical Student
Jackie,
I think you're right...crapshoot.


P.S. I love all the messages you write...I usually read them and find myself nodding in agreement. Thanks for the wall of fame/shame/lame too. It rocks!
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
booswim542 said:
Jackie,
I think you're right...crapshoot.


P.S. I love all the messages you write...I usually read them and find myself nodding in agreement. Thanks for the wall of fame/shame/lame too. It rocks!
Booswim,

You're welcome. I've been a little silly tonight but I am having fun. Tomorrow's Friday! :thumbup:
 

booswim542

Walkin' on Sunshine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
430
1
East coast-ish
Status
Medical Student
No kidding...I love Fridays now. I just turned 21 a couple of weeks ago and it's so fun to go out!

Wow, way off topic from the thread title....anyway, have a good night!
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
booswim542 said:
No kidding...I love Fridays now. I just turned 21 a couple of weeks ago and it's so fun to go out!

Wow, way off topic from the thread title....anyway, have a good night!
Totally learn how to do body shots. Seriously. It is like a requirement before you turn 22. :hardy: on the 21! Nice.
 

Dr. Pepper

Duffman in Disguise
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
1,252
1
Behind the orange juice....
Status
Medical Student
jackieMD2007 said:
Totally learn how to do body shots. Seriously. It is like a requirement before you turn 22. :hardy: on the 21! Nice.
Body shots...beckinsale.

I need some Dr. Pepper.
-Dr. P>
 

sentrosi

INTARWEB USER
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2004
290
1
TEH INTARWEB
Status
Medical Student
Dr. Pepper said:
Body shots...beckinsale.

I need some Dr. Pepper.
-Dr. P>
Do body shots with Dr. Pepper!
 

630670

Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2004
83
0
Status
I sent them a check for the secondary and was informed about 4 days later that I didn't make the cut....first rejection

btw, 33 MCAT and 3.6 GPA but I'm an OOS'er so that may have had something to do with it?
 

CTtarheel

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
775
2
Status
Medical Student
630670 said:
I sent them a check for the secondary and was informed about 4 days later that I didn't make the cut....first rejection

btw, 33 MCAT and 3.6 GPA but I'm an OOS'er so that may have had something to do with it?
man . . . they're completely random. I have a 34mcat and 3.68gpa also from OOS (but i go to UNC). Either you just missed it, or they really do post all the amcas apps up on a wall and throw darts at them.
 
OP
OofWillis

OofWillis

Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
128
0
Status
Medical Student
I think I'm believing the dart approach. I have 32Q with 3.97 GPA, average ECs as an OOS-er.
 
About the Ads