Wake Forest Secondary!!!

Started by SuzieQ3417
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SuzieQ3417

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just when I was starting to feel sad after reading how a lot of people with stellar stats were getting rejected pre-secondary...then I check my email, and no small PDF! I have officially received an email invitation to fill out Wake's secondary. Sorry if I sound like I am gloating...it's just that this is one of my top choices, and I am really excited!
 
SuzieQ3417 said:
Just when I was starting to feel sad after reading how a lot of people with stellar stats were getting rejected pre-secondary...then I check my email, and no small PDF! I have officially received an email invitation to fill out Wake's secondary. Sorry if I sound like I am gloating...it's just that this is one of my top choices, and I am really excited!

you do sound like your gloating, but congrats. i know the feeling. when was your amcas processed?
-mota
 
July 19, but I did not receive any word from wake that they had received my AMCAS until 2 days ago. Everyone else said it took a week from when they acknowledged receiving your AMCAS to when they rejected you/invited you to submit secondary, so I was not expecting anything until next week. Who knows if I stand a shot in hell of getting in...based on the stats of those getting rejected, it seems like they have a very competitive applicant pool this year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SuzieQ3417 said:
July 19, but I did not receive any word from wake that they had received my AMCAS until 2 days ago. Everyone else said it took a week from when they acknowledged receiving your AMCAS to when they rejected you/invited you to submit secondary, so I was not expecting anything until next week. Who knows if I stand a shot in hell of getting in...based on the stats of those getting rejected, it seems like they have a very competitive applicant pool this year.

I was in a similar boat- verified July 22, got that stupid email saying they had my app and would notify me a few days ago. Then today got the secondary link. Quick turn around time if you ask me, but I'm not so psyched about the 3 week deadline now that secondaries are piling up
 
Anyone know what the limit is for # of characters/words for Wake's essays?
 
I was wondering the same thing, and all they say is to "briefly elaborate." I was assuming that they are only expecting a couple of sentences, but I'm not really sure. It would be much easier if they simply gave a word or character count.
 
SuzieQ3417 said:
I was wondering the same thing, and all they say is to "briefly elaborate." I was assuming that they are only expecting a couple of sentences, but I'm not really sure. It would be much easier if they simply gave a word or character count.

I wrote about 3 paragraphs. They give you as much room as you need, but I don't think you should need much more than 3 paragraphs to get the idea across. I found the character counts to be very restricting so I actually liked the fact that they don't give one. My other classmates (I go to Wake) said they wrote about that much, one of them said he wrote a paragraph. I wouldn't fret too much, just feel free to communicate what they ask in as many words as it takes.
 
👍 Thanks! That is quite helpful.
I was afraid that they had an unpublished limit, and that I was going to end up going to long (even if still a brief essay.)
Medikit said:
I wrote about 3 paragraphs. They give you as much room as you need, but I don't think you should need much more than 3 paragraphs to get the idea across. I found the character counts to be very restricting so I actually liked the fact that they don't give one. My other classmates (I go to Wake) said they wrote about that much, one of them said he wrote a paragraph. I wouldn't fret too much, just feel free to communicate what they ask in as many words as it takes.
 
SuzieQ3417 said:
I was wondering the same thing, and all they say is to "briefly elaborate." I was assuming that they are only expecting a couple of sentences, but I'm not really sure. It would be much easier if they simply gave a word or character count.

I wrote one long paragraph for each question.
 
Wake's essays seem very similar to UChicago's essays. I'm not on my Wake secondary yet, but I wonder if they could be modified to fit. Anyone else think they are sort of similar?
 
If you talked about a volunteer experience in the Pritzker "relate an experience in which you felt you truly helped someone," then I think you could recycle it for Wake.
Also, for anyone who cares to know, I just submitted my Wake secondary and ended up with about 200 words for each of the questions (190 for the first, 250 for the second). They said briefly elaborate, so I didn't want to go on and on, but I felt like it was difficult to thoroughly answer the question with only a few sentences. Good luck to all!
 
Same here. For the third one i wrote about whats new with me since i turned in aamcas.