Wake Forest Secondary!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuzieQ3417

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just when I was starting to feel sad after reading how a lot of people with stellar stats were getting rejected pre-secondary...then I check my email, and no small PDF! I have officially received an email invitation to fill out Wake's secondary. Sorry if I sound like I am gloating...it's just that this is one of my top choices, and I am really excited!

Members don't see this ad.

SuzieQ3417 said:
Just when I was starting to feel sad after reading how a lot of people with stellar stats were getting rejected pre-secondary...then I check my email, and no small PDF! I have officially received an email invitation to fill out Wake's secondary. Sorry if I sound like I am gloating...it's just that this is one of my top choices, and I am really excited!

you do sound like your gloating, but congrats. i know the feeling. when was your amcas processed?
-mota

July 19, but I did not receive any word from wake that they had received my AMCAS until 2 days ago. Everyone else said it took a week from when they acknowledged receiving your AMCAS to when they rejected you/invited you to submit secondary, so I was not expecting anything until next week. Who knows if I stand a shot in hell of getting in...based on the stats of those getting rejected, it seems like they have a very competitive applicant pool this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
SuzieQ3417 said:
July 19, but I did not receive any word from wake that they had received my AMCAS until 2 days ago. Everyone else said it took a week from when they acknowledged receiving your AMCAS to when they rejected you/invited you to submit secondary, so I was not expecting anything until next week. Who knows if I stand a shot in hell of getting in...based on the stats of those getting rejected, it seems like they have a very competitive applicant pool this year.

I was in a similar boat- verified July 22, got that stupid email saying they had my app and would notify me a few days ago. Then today got the secondary link. Quick turn around time if you ask me, but I'm not so psyched about the 3 week deadline now that secondaries are piling up

Anyone know what the limit is for # of characters/words for Wake's essays?

I was wondering the same thing, and all they say is to "briefly elaborate." I was assuming that they are only expecting a couple of sentences, but I'm not really sure. It would be much easier if they simply gave a word or character count.

SuzieQ3417 said:
I was wondering the same thing, and all they say is to "briefly elaborate." I was assuming that they are only expecting a couple of sentences, but I'm not really sure. It would be much easier if they simply gave a word or character count.

I wrote about 3 paragraphs. They give you as much room as you need, but I don't think you should need much more than 3 paragraphs to get the idea across. I found the character counts to be very restricting so I actually liked the fact that they don't give one. My other classmates (I go to Wake) said they wrote about that much, one of them said he wrote a paragraph. I wouldn't fret too much, just feel free to communicate what they ask in as many words as it takes.

:thumbup: Thanks! That is quite helpful.
I was afraid that they had an unpublished limit, and that I was going to end up going to long (even if still a brief essay.)
Medikit said:
I wrote about 3 paragraphs. They give you as much room as you need, but I don't think you should need much more than 3 paragraphs to get the idea across. I found the character counts to be very restricting so I actually liked the fact that they don't give one. My other classmates (I go to Wake) said they wrote about that much, one of them said he wrote a paragraph. I wouldn't fret too much, just feel free to communicate what they ask in as many words as it takes.

SuzieQ3417 said:

I wrote one long paragraph for each question.

Wake's essays seem very similar to UChicago's essays. I'm not on my Wake secondary yet, but I wonder if they could be modified to fit. Anyone else think they are sort of similar?

If you talked about a volunteer experience in the Pritzker "relate an experience in which you felt you truly helped someone," then I think you could recycle it for Wake.
Also, for anyone who cares to know, I just submitted my Wake secondary and ended up with about 200 words for each of the questions (190 for the first, 250 for the second). They said briefly elaborate, so I didn't want to go on and on, but I felt like it was difficult to thoroughly answer the question with only a few sentences. Good luck to all!

Same here. For the third one i wrote about whats new with me since i turned in aamcas.