Wake Forest vs. Emory: Which interview to go on

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XT777

No I'm...doesn't.
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Very little direct knowledge of either program. If I have to chose, which should I go on? Looking for (in absolutely no order whatsoever) :
1) Broad exposure to pathology/solid expereince
2) Time to read
3) National reputation
4) opportunities for specialty (ID, ENDO, CCM)
5) Positive environment (Attendings don't time presentations, "Why didn't you consider X" vs. "Even a MSIII can see that this is X", etc.)
6) City

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Emory is a much bigger name. But I think most ppl would argue that wake is a much friendlier program.

If cards or go are the goal I would recommend Emory.

Atlanta? Ugh.

Emory has the bigger academic name, for sure, but Wake is a nice program. But Winston-Salem is not really a big city.

I recommend Wake.

Members don't see this ad :)
Very little direct knowledge of either program. If I have to chose, which should I go on? Looking for (in absolutely no order whatsoever) :
1) Broad exposure to pathology/solid expereince
2) Time to read
3) National reputation
4) opportunities for specialty (ID, ENDO, CCM)
5) Positive environment (Attendings don't time presentations, "Why didn't you consider X" vs. "Even a MSIII can see that this is X", etc.)
6) City

thanks

You can get 1,2,4, and 5 at Wake. #3 is debatable, but Emory probably does have the better reputation. Winston-Salem may leave something to be desired depending on what you are looking for. It has been nice living here though, IMO, and the students from bigger cities have found it great too.

thanks for the replies...
to clarify on #5 "city" (was too lazy here), I meant:
5) quality of city/location

Last edited: