Wake Forest vs Tennessee (UTHSC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dogsinspace92

Reaction score
As it’s coming down to the wire here, I am looking for any additional advice. This has been a real battle to decide if the extra debt from Wake Forest is worth taking on. Couple of important notes: I am married and my wife is very much against taking on extra debt, but we both absolutely love Winston-Salem and Wake Forest. At the end of the day, though, does the extra 100k in tuition give me more than that in potential future opportunities? That is what we are wrestling with. I know this isn’t a typical pros and cons list, I just want to know if anyone has any insight into opportunity costs and when to pay an extra 100k or when to walk away. Are they close enough in ranking to go cheaper, or does the name recognition really make that big of a difference in this situation? Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Not worth it to me. You pay an extra $100k when it's Vanderbilt vs. UTHSC.

Memphis is a great city btw.

Reactions: 1 user
I’d say UTHSC. I’m not sure if awake Forest will provide more opportunities (it’s a great school) but, from what I’ve seen at least, the only real difference is cost.

Reactions: 1 user