Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrKitty

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody scheduled their interview at Wake over the phone, while checking application status? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Yup :) I called early in November and I'll be interviewing on Monday!

Yes, this happened to a friend of mine this week. He called to check on his status and was told he was in their "top interview pool" whatever that is and scheduled an interview. Seems like I have also read here that that has happened before. Seems odd. Maybe a way of narrowing down the interview pool. And, what does "top interview pool" mean. Are they the only ones who are getting interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think "top interview" list has applicants with a highest priority for an interview, but I am not sure if all of them in this pool will eventually be interviewed. Maybe calling the school shows your interest and is an advantage, who knows. For those who did schedule an interview over the phone, how soon after that did you recieve an e-mail invitation?

ive called before and told me that i was still "under review"... :(

I haven't been as lucky as some who have received interviews. I recently called admissions and they told me that my app had been reviewed and that I would receive an email or phone call if they want me to interview. This could be construed a number of different ways, but I feel that staying positive at this point is my best option.

I was able to schedule over the phone, but haven't recieved anything in the e-mail. I guess I need to have it on paper to calm down :oops:

DrKitty said:
I was able to schedule over the phone, but haven't recieved anything in the e-mail. I guess I need to have it on paper to calm down :oops:

Excellent. When did you schedule your interview for?

My interview invite came by phone only (they called). I got an email the next day confirming the date and with additional information.

medpro said:
Yes, this happened to a friend of mine this week. He called to check on his status and was told he was in their "top interview pool" whatever that is and scheduled an interview. Seems like I have also read here that that has happened before. Seems odd. Maybe a way of narrowing down the interview pool. And, what does "top interview pool" mean. Are they the only ones who are getting interviews?

After reading this thread, I decided to call today since I'd been complete for about two months, and I hadn't heard. They told me I was in their "top interview pool" and let me schedule my interview. Perhaps it is a way to figure out who really wants to go to Wake, who knows. But if I hadn't read the stuff on here, I probably would've waited another month or so before I called, so thanks for the heads up guys! I'd encourage anyone else who hasn't called yet to give them a ring.

zook said:
After reading this thread, I decided to call today since I'd been complete for about two months, and I hadn't heard. They told me I was in their "top interview pool" and let me schedule my interview. Perhaps it is a way to figure out who really wants to go to Wake, who knows. But if I hadn't read the stuff on here, I probably would've waited another month or so before I called, so thanks for the heads up guys! I'd encourage anyone else who hasn't called yet to give them a ring.

zook, same happened to me. Did you recieve an e-mail conformation from them yet?

What times did you call (just so I don't seem rude)? Did you just ask about your application status.

Thanks a lot :)

It's been a while since I've posted, so I'll break the stretch. I called about 11:30 Eastern time, and I just called to check on my application status when they told me I could interview.

DrKitty said:
zook, same happened to me. Did you recieve an e-mail conformation from them yet?

No, I have yet to receive an email. I don't know how long that's supposed to take, but I figure I'm ok unless they really mix things up. When should I be expecting an email, just in case?

zook said:
No, I have yet to receive an email. I don't know how long that's supposed to take, but I figure I'm ok unless they really mix things up. When should I be expecting an email, just in case?

zook, I don't know how long it takes for them to send an e-mail, I haven't recieved mine either. Let's hope the phone call arrangement alone is valid. :oops:

I called today and got an interview- I'm just waiting for the email as well