Walgreens and CVS looted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBonita

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I was chilling in East LA and went to walgreens to get a beer. I noticed the door was broken in with looters all over . Took my low rider to CVS, same crap. Anyone else near or work at a CVS or Walgreens that got kicked in and basically closed for a month or so.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

MSerforfun

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many CVS inside Target will probably be unable to operate. There are many Target stores shutting down nationwide.

footfairy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to flee my CVS but the alarm wont arm. Lol.
You guys were still open this late? Walgreens had a pretty much universal early shut down today because of the riots. I know the one on 18th and South was getting hit earlier.

MrBonita

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
No walgreens or CVS open. No cerveza tonight.

Momus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Imma be pissed if I can't work for a month. Looks like I'll be putting on some masks, goggles and a hat and join them if so :rofl:

Sine Cura

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A Rite Aid in downtown Sacramento (near Capitol Mall) got hit and set on fire

Think of the HIPAA notifications and DEA/BOP reporting if your pharmacy is hit. Nice

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Imma be pissed if I can't work for a month. Looks like I'll be putting on some masks, goggles and a hat and join them if so :rofl:

your only source of income is going to be affected!

walgreen123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
A Rite Aid in downtown Sacramento (near Capitol Mall) got hit and set on fire

Think of the HIPAA notifications and DEA/BOP reporting if your pharmacy is hit. Nice
Sacramento midtown: PUCCI's pharmacy got broken in, and the pharmacy I part-time at was broken in too. They are targeting pharmacies. Broadway walgreens is closed, so as Natomas walgreens. I guess Walgreens next to the medi center should be closed too since that's the worst area of Sacramento

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sacramento midtown: PUCCI's pharmacy got broken in, and the pharmacy I part-time at was broken in too. They are targeting pharmacies. Broadway walgreens is closed, so as Natomas walgreens. I guess Walgreens next to the medi center should be closed too since that's the worst area of Sacramento

What is going to happen? If you can’t work, will they still pay you?

• Haha
  • Hmm

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is going to happen? If you can’t work, will they still pay you?

Can CVS/Wags lay off everyone at the looted stores then hire new grads when they reopen at $45-50/hr? I can see these companies doing that.

Members don't see this ad :)

Sine Cura

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Seems like all of the "temporarily closed" Walgreens identified by Google maps search were affected. Includes Mack Rd (ghetto), Arden/Howe (proximity to ghetto) along with midtown Broadway and Natomas Wags (proximity to DHA) as you mentioned. National Guard rolled in yesterday and there's a curfew now.

Deja

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can CVS/Wags lay off everyone at the looted stores then hire new grads when they reopen at $45-50/hr? I can see these companies doing that.

I know this forum likes to bash cvs/walgreens but this is just idiotic

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this forum likes to bash cvs/walgreens but this is just idiotic

Why is this idiotic? I am not bashing them, I am looking at it from a business standpoint. Many companies have laid off employees or even gone out of business due to Covid-19. Now stores are being looted and destroyed. They will not reopen overnight. Do you think Macy's and Cheesecake Factory will recover from this? Retail pharmacies are not immune to layoffs. $45-50/hr is the market rate for new hire pharmacists so this is a realistic scenario.

I would like to hear what you think will happen. Do you think CVS/Walgreens will continue to pay pharmacists who work in looted/destroyed stores?

Last edited:

Sine Cura

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Chains might lay people off but they won't hire to replace those laid off specifically given that many locations affected might not be worth reopening.

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Chains might lay people off but they won't hire to replace those laid off specifically given that many locations affected might not be worth reopening.

In that case, what I said was idiotic to think that new pharmacists would get hired as replacements. Your scenario of not hiring any replacements at all is even more realistic.

Deja

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why is this idiotic? I am not bashing them, I am looking at it from a business standpoint. Many companies have laid off employees or even gone out of business due to Covid-19. Now stores are being looted and destroyed. They will not reopen overnight. Do you think Macy's and Cheesecake Factory will recover from this? Retail pharmacies are not immune to layoffs. $45-50/hr is the market rate for new hire pharmacists so this is a realistic scenario.

I would like to hear what you think will happen. Do you think CVS/Walgreens will continue to pay pharmacists who work in looted/destroyed stores?
what you said is idiotic because they will not fire the old staff just to hire new ones, and yes they will pay if you are working (what kind of question is that?)
if you meant if they will still pay the employees when the stores are closed, I doubt it because too many stores are being affected nationally... if it was just a few then yes they may pay or they may relocate you to work at different stores

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don’t underestimate the greed of Wag and CVS. The DMs know they need to keep payroll down so they can move up the corporate ladder.

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what you said is idiotic because they will not fire the old staff just to hire new ones, and yes they will pay if you are working (what kind of question is that?)
if you meant if they will still pay the employees when the stores are closed, I doubt it because too many stores are being affected nationally... if it was just a few then yes they may pay or they may relocate you to work at different stores

I am talking about the stores that got looted/destroyed. They will not reopen immediately, it may take months or over a year. Or if they get burned down, they may not reopen at all. You think they will keep their employees that long? I never said they would fire employees, I said laid off - there is a difference. If a store is shut down or destroyed for several months, how long can other stores absorb their hours? The schedule is already cut down to the bone. They already planned to cut hours across the nation this month before the destruction and closures occured.

allantois

Conversation Starter
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remembers Walgreens built a store near me in like 1 month

Deja

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am talking about the stores that got looted/destroyed. They will not reopen immediately, it may take months or over a year. Or if they get burned down, they may not reopen at all. You think they will keep their employees that long? I never said they would fire employees, I said laid off - there is a difference. If a store is shut down or destroyed for several months, how long can other stores absorb their hours? The schedule is already cut down to the bone. They already planned to cut hours across the nation this month before the destruction and closures occured.

no it will not take that long to reopen unless the protests last that long, but if it actually last that long then we have whole other problems to deal with

what you initially said was they will just reopen with new grads, if you want to add in any other stipulations then of course it may change what may happen

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
no it will not take that long to reopen unless the protests last that long, but if it actually last that long then we have whole other problems to deal with

what you initially said was they will just reopen with new grads, if you want to add in any other stipulations then of course it may change what may happen

How do you know how long it will take to reopen? If a store is burned down, how long will that take to reopen?

Deja

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you know how long it will take to reopen? If a store is burned down, how long will that take to reopen?

I can ask you the same question lol

one of the stores in my district was broken in to and they are talking about possibly reopening soon... where did you get your information that it will take over a year if the protests doesn't last that long?

and like I said if you want to add in more details and stipulations then of course things will change but it doesn't change the fact your original comment was stupid

KARM12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pretty much every pharmacy in Chicago business distrcted was looted on Saturday...many started reopening today. Yesterday the only Walgreens open was one located in a hospital.

allantois

Conversation Starter
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why are people targeting pharmacies?

Wickett

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Uh because they have drugs....much better than a towel set from Target. My friend in San Fran had a sister store at Wags get looted. They trashed the whole place and forced the control safe open and stole all the fun meds out of the store. I saw pics....place is totally wrecked.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

LoL we are on a pharmacy forum, do we really have to explain? There is hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory back there. I hear the yellow pills have a street value of $5-10/pill. Or they just wanna use the drugs themselves.

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
where did you get your information that it will take over a year if the protests doesn't last that long?

Remember the one in Baltimore that was destroyed? That one took 11 months.

allantois

Conversation Starter
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
LoL we are on a pharmacy forum, do we really have to explain? There is hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory back there. I hear the yellow pills have a street value of $5-10/pill. Or they just wanna use the drugs themselves.
It’s an interesting discussion to have nevertheless. If it’s about CII, then perhaps destroying the stock would help?

grumpyRph

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah like maybe hide the c2's somewhere else over night... The safe is too obvious a target

• Haha

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
They go after much more than CIIs. You got your benzos, tramadol, Tylenol #3, muscle relaxers, "purple drank", gabapentin/Lyrica, clonidine, even Tussin.

allantois

Conversation Starter
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
They go after much more than CIIs. You got your benzos, tramadol, Tylenol #3, muscle relaxers, "purple drank", gabapentin/Lyrica, clonidine, even Tussin.

It's a real shame if a pharmacy burns down and people can't get their diabetes and the like meds. I'm just thinking that getting rid of meds that are sought after by looters may perhaps help the situation. Perhaps not

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's a real shame if a pharmacy burns down and people can't get their diabetes and the like meds. I'm just thinking that getting rid of meds that are sought after by looters may perhaps help the situation. Perhaps not

Where would they put them? It's not like you can legally just take them out of the store to hide somewhere.

allantois

Conversation Starter
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where would they put them? It's not like you can legally just take them out of the store to hide somewhere.
Send them back?

• Haha

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Send them back?

Someone here got called while on duty to shut the gate for his 24hr store. You think he had time to send back drugs before closing the gate? UPS is not going to drive through a riot to make a pickup.

allantois

Conversation Starter
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone here got called while on duty to shut the gate for his 24hr store. You think he had time to send back drugs before closing the gate? UPS is not going to drive through a riot to make a pickup.

Obviously this has to be done in advance. Target by me boarded up even though we have had no looting in our area. A doc I know owns a gun store and he has to remove his stock every time there is a hurricane coming. It would make financial sense for chains to prevent looting vs rebuild the stores.

Last edited:

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Obviously this has to be done in advance. Target by me boarded up even though we have had no protests in our area. Small business owners are removing their stock from stores. It would make financial sense for chains to prevent looting vs rebuild the stores.

You can't predict when looting will occur. But these menaces are looting cheesecake and toilet paper so pharmacies will be hit regardless. My local news showed a local eye exam center that was destroyed. No business is safe.

Heist

MD Attending Physician
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Don't stores have insurance for this?

Sine Cura

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looters enjoy grabbing flat screen LED TVs and iPhones but retailers aren't going to "send those back"

BidingMyTime

Lost Shaker Of Salt
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah like maybe hide the c2's somewhere else over night... The safe is too obvious a target

In IL, CII's must be double locked, so you can't just "hide" them somewhere else in the pharmacy or store. I'm sure many states have similar laws.

Heist

MD Attending Physician
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Wickett

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

The looters will just tear apart the whole pharmacy looking for the fun drugs if they find the safe empty.

jacksmith228833

Reaction score
Defend your chain pharmacy, since the chains have always defended you!

And, do not forget to give the looters a gift card as an apology for your inconveniencing them....

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

KARM12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

WorthlessOxygen

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two stores not too far from me were looted and reopened within a couple days. CII safe was broken into at one location and they took pretty much everything from inside. Couldn't break into the other one though

Sent from my HD1925 using SDN mobile