Walgreens and CVS looted

MrBonita

2+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2016
  1. Pharmacist
I was chilling in East LA and went to walgreens to get a beer. I noticed the door was broken in with looters all over . Took my low rider to CVS, same crap. Anyone else near or work at a CVS or Walgreens that got kicked in and basically closed for a month or so.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Sine Cura

https://bit.ly/3q8zzca
10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2010
  1. Pharmacist
A Rite Aid in downtown Sacramento (near Capitol Mall) got hit and set on fire

Think of the HIPAA notifications and DEA/BOP reporting if your pharmacy is hit. Nice

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

walgreen123

2+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2017
A Rite Aid in downtown Sacramento (near Capitol Mall) got hit and set on fire

Think of the HIPAA notifications and DEA/BOP reporting if your pharmacy is hit. Nice
Sacramento midtown: PUCCI's pharmacy got broken in, and the pharmacy I part-time at was broken in too. They are targeting pharmacies. Broadway walgreens is closed, so as Natomas walgreens. I guess Walgreens next to the medi center should be closed too since that's the worst area of Sacramento

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2003
Sacramento midtown: PUCCI's pharmacy got broken in, and the pharmacy I part-time at was broken in too. They are targeting pharmacies. Broadway walgreens is closed, so as Natomas walgreens. I guess Walgreens next to the medi center should be closed too since that's the worst area of Sacramento

What is going to happen? If you can’t work, will they still pay you?

• Haha
  • Hmm
About the Ads

Sine Cura

https://bit.ly/3q8zzca
10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2010
  1. Pharmacist

Seems like all of the "temporarily closed" Walgreens identified by Google maps search were affected. Includes Mack Rd (ghetto), Arden/Howe (proximity to ghetto) along with midtown Broadway and Natomas Wags (proximity to DHA) as you mentioned. National Guard rolled in yesterday and there's a curfew now.

mentos

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2009
I know this forum likes to bash cvs/walgreens but this is just idiotic

Why is this idiotic? I am not bashing them, I am looking at it from a business standpoint. Many companies have laid off employees or even gone out of business due to Covid-19. Now stores are being looted and destroyed. They will not reopen overnight. Do you think Macy's and Cheesecake Factory will recover from this? Retail pharmacies are not immune to layoffs. $45-50/hr is the market rate for new hire pharmacists so this is a realistic scenario.

I would like to hear what you think will happen. Do you think CVS/Walgreens will continue to pay pharmacists who work in looted/destroyed stores?

Last edited:

mentos

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2009
Chains might lay people off but they won't hire to replace those laid off specifically given that many locations affected might not be worth reopening.

In that case, what I said was idiotic to think that new pharmacists would get hired as replacements. Your scenario of not hiring any replacements at all is even more realistic.

Deja

10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2009
  1. Pharmacy Student
Why is this idiotic? I am not bashing them, I am looking at it from a business standpoint. Many companies have laid off employees or even gone out of business due to Covid-19. Now stores are being looted and destroyed. They will not reopen overnight. Do you think Macy's and Cheesecake Factory will recover from this? Retail pharmacies are not immune to layoffs. $45-50/hr is the market rate for new hire pharmacists so this is a realistic scenario.

I would like to hear what you think will happen. Do you think CVS/Walgreens will continue to pay pharmacists who work in looted/destroyed stores?
what you said is idiotic because they will not fire the old staff just to hire new ones, and yes they will pay if you are working (what kind of question is that?)
if you meant if they will still pay the employees when the stores are closed, I doubt it because too many stores are being affected nationally... if it was just a few then yes they may pay or they may relocate you to work at different stores

mentos

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2009
what you said is idiotic because they will not fire the old staff just to hire new ones, and yes they will pay if you are working (what kind of question is that?)
if you meant if they will still pay the employees when the stores are closed, I doubt it because too many stores are being affected nationally... if it was just a few then yes they may pay or they may relocate you to work at different stores

I am talking about the stores that got looted/destroyed. They will not reopen immediately, it may take months or over a year. Or if they get burned down, they may not reopen at all. You think they will keep their employees that long? I never said they would fire employees, I said laid off - there is a difference. If a store is shut down or destroyed for several months, how long can other stores absorb their hours? The schedule is already cut down to the bone. They already planned to cut hours across the nation this month before the destruction and closures occured.

Deja

10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2009
  1. Pharmacy Student
I am talking about the stores that got looted/destroyed. They will not reopen immediately, it may take months or over a year. Or if they get burned down, they may not reopen at all. You think they will keep their employees that long? I never said they would fire employees, I said laid off - there is a difference. If a store is shut down or destroyed for several months, how long can other stores absorb their hours? The schedule is already cut down to the bone. They already planned to cut hours across the nation this month before the destruction and closures occured.

no it will not take that long to reopen unless the protests last that long, but if it actually last that long then we have whole other problems to deal with

what you initially said was they will just reopen with new grads, if you want to add in any other stipulations then of course it may change what may happen

About the Ads

mentos

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2009
no it will not take that long to reopen unless the protests last that long, but if it actually last that long then we have whole other problems to deal with

what you initially said was they will just reopen with new grads, if you want to add in any other stipulations then of course it may change what may happen

How do you know how long it will take to reopen? If a store is burned down, how long will that take to reopen?

Deja

10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2009
  1. Pharmacy Student
How do you know how long it will take to reopen? If a store is burned down, how long will that take to reopen?

I can ask you the same question lol

one of the stores in my district was broken in to and they are talking about possibly reopening soon... where did you get your information that it will take over a year if the protests doesn't last that long?

and like I said if you want to add in more details and stipulations then of course things will change but it doesn't change the fact your original comment was stupid

Wickett

7+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2012
  1. Pharmacist
Why are people targeting pharmacies?

Uh because they have drugs....much better than a towel set from Target. My friend in San Fran had a sister store at Wags get looted. They trashed the whole place and forced the control safe open and stole all the fun meds out of the store. I saw pics....place is totally wrecked.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mentos

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2009
where did you get your information that it will take over a year if the protests doesn't last that long?

Remember the one in Baltimore that was destroyed? That one took 11 months.

allantois

Conversation Starter
7+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2013
  1. Other Health Professions Student
LoL we are on a pharmacy forum, do we really have to explain? There is hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory back there. I hear the yellow pills have a street value of $5-10/pill. Or they just wanna use the drugs themselves.
It’s an interesting discussion to have nevertheless. If it’s about CII, then perhaps destroying the stock would help?

About the Ads

allantois

Conversation Starter
7+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2013
They go after much more than CIIs. You got your benzos, tramadol, Tylenol #3, muscle relaxers, "purple drank", gabapentin/Lyrica, clonidine, even Tussin.

It's a real shame if a pharmacy burns down and people can't get their diabetes and the like meds. I'm just thinking that getting rid of meds that are sought after by looters may perhaps help the situation. Perhaps not

mentos

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2009
It's a real shame if a pharmacy burns down and people can't get their diabetes and the like meds. I'm just thinking that getting rid of meds that are sought after by looters may perhaps help the situation. Perhaps not

Where would they put them? It's not like you can legally just take them out of the store to hide somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user

allantois

Conversation Starter
7+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2013
Someone here got called while on duty to shut the gate for his 24hr store. You think he had time to send back drugs before closing the gate? UPS is not going to drive through a riot to make a pickup.

Obviously this has to be done in advance. Target by me boarded up even though we have had no looting in our area. A doc I know owns a gun store and he has to remove his stock every time there is a hurricane coming. It would make financial sense for chains to prevent looting vs rebuild the stores.

Last edited:

mentos

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2009
Obviously this has to be done in advance. Target by me boarded up even though we have had no protests in our area. Small business owners are removing their stock from stores. It would make financial sense for chains to prevent looting vs rebuild the stores.

You can't predict when looting will occur. But these menaces are looting cheesecake and toilet paper so pharmacies will be hit regardless. My local news showed a local eye exam center that was destroyed. No business is safe.

Heist

MD Attending Physician
10+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2010
  1. Attending Physician

Don't stores have insurance for this?

Wickett

7+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2012
  1. Pharmacist

The looters will just tear apart the whole pharmacy looking for the fun drugs if they find the safe empty.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.