Walgreens' computer system is very inferior to Rite Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

steveysmith54

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I worked as a tech for a year at Rite Aid and got really spoiled by their computer system which is like using Windows XP/Vista. I was placed at Walgreens for my IPPE and their system is like I am using Windows 94 or something. I don't get, they are #1 chain in America and their system is worse than Rite Aid. 😕
 
Last edited:
With all of the ancient, decrepit, and odd computer systems that are in use by pharmacists today, I think you're splitting hairs when you complain like this.

Have you ever used RX2000, Amigo, or Apotherx(sp?)? I bet you'd have a blast working for an independent pharmacy...
 
Have you ever used RX2000, Amigo, or Apotherx(sp?)? I bet you'd have a blast working for an independent pharmacy...

No, I can't say that I have... I would proly not enjoy it... Although the Amigo system sounds kind of cool.

I should have probably said that Walgreens' system is "inferior" rather than sucks... oh well. 🙂
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RA's system is a PITA most of the time, although I do admit I like windows based programs as opposed to DOS based ones.
What makes their system a PITA? I have only ever used Rite Aid's computer system but I picked it up very quickly and it seems to be fairly remedial. Maybe it's the fact I have no experience with other programs though.