Walgreens Grad Intern Offers 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ace41690

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an offer from Walgreens for grad intern, however it doesn't tell me my salary or any details. They call it a contingent offer. It says that my salary and start date will be revealed later. Is this normal? I find it quite strange.

Members don't see this ad.

There should be a little silver box you scratch off to reveal your salary. Like a lottery scratch ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 11 users
Do you know what location it is at least? That would make a difference in the salary I'd imagine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know what location it is at least? That would make a difference in the salary I'd imagine.

Yes. I just thought it was weird and was wondering if anyone else has received offers from Walgreens yet. I have received offers from other companies and they specify your rate in the offer (as it should be). I don't know how they can expect you to consider/accept an offer without telling you your compensation.

Yes. I just thought it was weird and was wondering if anyone else has received offers from Walgreens yet. I have received offers from other companies and they specify your rate in the offer (as it should be). I don't know how they can expect you to consider/accept an offer without telling you your compensation.

I was employed with Walgreens for many years and declined a Grad Intern position because of this. I didn't feel comfortable agreeing to something without the salary info listed with the offer. I was told verbally that it was for a 32hr floater position and the salary given to me was a joke. I gladly passed on that.

Reactions: 1 user
I was employed with Walgreens for many years and declined a Grad Intern position because of this. I didn't feel comfortable agreeing to something without the salary info listed with the offer. I was told verbally that it was for a 32hr floater position and the salary given to me was a joke. I gladly passed on that.

I was told verbally that mine would be for 40hours. But I am paranoid because nothing is in writing and I don't know the rate. I accepted the offer anyway, but now I have an offer from a different company and I am hesitant to choose Walgreens over them when I don't know any information about my pay. It seems everyone just goes off "last years numbers" and assumes that will be the rate- but if nothing is in writing what is stopping them from giving me a horrible rate a few months from now when it is "revealed"...

My offered letter last year quoted fulltime 32-40hours, now as a floater to get your 40 hours you have to claw your way and travel up to 30+miles from your HOMESTORE which may or may not be remotely close to your actual home as rph. But I know some district have better hours then others.

As grad intern you'll probably get lots of hours because techs ALWAYS want off and rph always want grad intern bc they can vax. Though my offer is from a hourly pay state.
I say call your dm/hiring person and get a better definite answer because you deserve to know.

My offered letter last year quoted fulltime 32-40hours, now as a floater to get your 40 hours you have to claw your way and travel up to 30+miles from your HOMESTORE which may or may not be remotely close to your actual home as rph. But I know some district have better hours then others.

As grad intern you'll probably get lots of hours because techs ALWAYS want off and rph always want grad intern bc they can vax. Though my offer is from a hourly pay state.
I say call your dm/hiring person and get a better definite answer because you deserve to know.

I was verbally told this was not a sp8 (32hr float) position but a full 80hr per pay period at 60/hr. This is in a market with fairly high demand. Again I was told this verbally but no details are stated in the actual offer. Other people have told me they received the same generic offer but I seem to be the only one concerned there are no details in writing. I turned down the other company but it almost feels like im taking a leap of faith. Oh well I guess we will see what happens lol

I was verbally told this was not a sp8 (32hr float) position but a full 80hr per pay period at 60/hr. This is in a market with fairly high demand. Again I was told this verbally but no details are stated in the actual offer. Other people have told me they received the same generic offer but I seem to be the only one concerned there are no details in writing. I turned down the other company but it almost feels like im taking a leap of faith. Oh well I guess we will see what happens lol
I asked to get an offer letter specifying my rate bc I needed proof if of employment for my landlord so I got a letter with my rate.

I asked to get an offer letter specifying my rate bc I needed proof if of employment for my landlord so I got a letter with my rate.

Once you accepted the offer have you heard anything else from the company? I accepted the contingency offer in Dec and haven’t heard from HR or the hiring DM since..

Once you accepted the offer have you heard anything else from the company? I accepted the contingency offer in Dec and haven’t heard from HR or the hiring DM since..

Yes I have talked to my DM regarding my start date and they also sent me (and the other new hires in the district) our Rxprep materials. I haven't bothered them about the second offer or whatever it is called, I assume it will come eventually but I'm not that stressed about it anymore.

People I know in my class who were just recently hired in different districts received offers specifying their rate as a grad intern (not "contingent" offers). It still didn't specify their rph rate. However I am assuming that is because we are much closer to graduation now (versus my offer which was in november).

So where I am the rph manager is the one who did most of the contact, so I had 2 rph mgt sending me all sort of info: one was responsible for setting up our scheduling as grad intern and setting up the date for orientation, the other one sent me material for studying: rxprep logins etc and answering any and all of my questions/concern. Once I verbally accepted the offer, one of the manager did the computer accepting for me since I'm in the WAG system already as an intern. But my friends who was never intern prior had to go to a physical store to sign the contract in the computer. Over the course of the months from receiving my offer Dec to graduating in May I've had frequent contact with the managers. And then after graduation my DM sent us grad intern message about orientation.

I believe each management is different. My district San Mateo had frequent contact with me, and because I am always asking questions I was talking to them on a very regular basis. My friends who got offer from Visalia, Fresno and Berkeley they all had very limited contact with the dm/management only getting contact right before orientation. Another friend who is in the same district with me only got contact about study material and then again when we had orientation. So you can feel free to email the hiring person with any and all questions and concern. Also you can check your status on the hiring Wag page if you're concern.

Reactions: 1 user
Aside from the background checks and possibly intern licenses, does anyone know if they require proof of graduation or any other documents before the start date? It's been about 6 weeks since I've got a contingent offer and I just want to avoid rushing to get paperwork in before my start date (which is in the next 1.5 months). Would gladly appreciate any advice.

I just saw your post and was wondering if you ended up working for them? How did the process go?

I just saw your post and was wondering if you ended up working for them? How did the process go?

Bump, I'm having the same question right now. Accepted the contingency offer and did the drug test 2 weeks ago, haven't heard anything back ever since. And hiring Walgreens page is still under step 4- "offer" status. Should I be concerned and contact my DM?

Bump, I'm having the same question right now. Accepted the contingency offer and did the drug test 2 weeks ago, haven't heard anything back ever since. And hiring Walgreens page is still under step 4- "offer" status. Should I be concerned and contact my DM?

Well my DM said the background check could take anywhere from 2-4 weeks. I would contact after a month. Then again I have yet to get an email offer generated after verbally accepting position over phone and the DM put offer through the system. Thankfully we have each others number and are on texting terms so he is aware of the issue but nonetheless like yourself quite anxiety inducing.

Well my DM said the background check could take anywhere from 2-4 weeks. I would contact after a month. Then again I have yet to get an email offer generated after verbally accepting position over phone and the DM put offer through the system. Thankfully we have each others number and are on texting terms so he is aware of the issue but nonetheless like yourself quite anxiety inducing.

Did u end up getting your offer letter? If not, check your hirewalgreens account, the same email should be under messages on the page. Good luck

Did u end up getting your offer letter? If not, check your hirewalgreens account, the same email should be under messages on the page. Good luck
Offer letter was received and drug test taken. Offer letter mentioned orientation date and DM and I are in process of working out logistics or training. We have a start week in mind but still awaiting start date for training from DM. I feel until I actually start training it is not official

Did you hear anything back yet?

Last edited:
Offer letter was received and drug test taken. Offer letter mentioned orientation date and DM and I are in process of working out logistics or training. We have a start week in mind but still awaiting start date for training from DM. I feel until I actually start training it is not official

Did you hear anything back yet?

No I haven't heard anything from them yet. My application status still stuck at "offer" step. I will probably text the DM next week.

No I haven't heard anything from them yet. My application status still stuck at "offer" step. I will probably text the DM next week.

That sucks. Mine is still on offer too. Like I said until I actually get an official date from DM will be anxious