Walgreens New grad salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Humbee222

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a 4th year student who will be graduating in 2 weeks from Georgia, US. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on current salary rate for new grad pharmacist in Georgia for Walgreens. I have been working as a pharmacy intern for 4 years but all the DMs that I talked to want me to transition into intern grad then transition into RPH without knowing anything about salary. I plan to switch to another retail pharmacy if pay is too low. If anyone has any insight on salary in other chain in Georgia please let me know also. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Solution
If they don't want to bring up salary, there is a reason, because it is bad. They are just hoping you are desperate enough to not care. Easy answer - just ask them what your salary will be.
If they don’t want to talk about it with you, it means it’s very low

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I don't see any problem with letting them transition you into a grad intern (just make sure you don't sign anything saying you will stay on with them after licensure), and then applying elsewhere.

When you get an offer somewhere else, come back to walgreens and let them know you have another offer. At this point they will likely produce a stupid low offer for you and you can tell them to kick rocks and you can ride off into the sunset with a better company.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see any problem with letting them transition you into a grad intern (just make sure you don't sign anything saying you will stay on with them after licensure), and then applying elsewhere.

When you get an offer somewhere else, come back to walgreens and let them know you have another offer. At this point they will likely produce a stupid low offer for you and you can tell them to kick rocks and you can ride off into the sunset with a better company.
Even if you didn't get a better offer lie and say you did.They will lie to you.Its business.Get used to it.

Reactions: 4 users
If they don't want to bring up salary, there is a reason, because it is bad. They are just hoping you are desperate enough to not care. Easy answer - just ask them what your salary will be.

Reactions: 1 users
Solution