Walgreens Pharmacist Raise Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raj Wal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have few questions about Walgreens raise system. I've been with the company since April of this year only about 6 months. The hiring manager told me that Walgreens will provide raise in October of this year company wide but she is no longer with the company.

1. How do i go about asking for a raise? Who do i need to contact?
2. Am i eligible for a raise?
3. Should i wait until end of October?
4. Are there resources on storenet that explains it?
5. Do staff pharmacist get bonuses? And if yes, which month do they receive it?

Thank you so much for your replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I am not sure if you will be eligible for any raise because you are realatively new with the company. I got hire in May and still have no PTOs or benefits.

Lol whatever you do don't ask for a raise, its a set date for everyone.

No bonus for staff

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There will be merit based raises this year best on your annual performance evaluation. Raise % not yet announced as to what raise will be based on evaluation

Hello,

I have few questions about Walgreens raise system. I've been with the company since April of this year only about 6 months. The hiring manager told me that Walgreens will provide raise in October of this year company wide but she is no longer with the company.

1. How do i go about asking for a raise? Who do i need to contact?
2. Am i eligible for a raise?
3. Should i wait until end of October?
4. Are there resources on storenet that explains it?
5. Do staff pharmacist get bonuses? And if yes, which month do they receive it?

Thank you so much for your replies.

Raises are based off performance reviews. Not sure if you'll get one because you started right around the time they were due. I wouldn't expect more than a quarter if anything at all. For pharmacists it's not so much about raises but your ability to transfer. You need a 3.0 to transfer to other districts and in some more competitive areas, you need a higher score to get placed at a store/get "promoted" to RXM. Other than that, performance reviews are a waste of time for pharmacists unless you suck and they're looking to fire you by putting you on an improvement plan.

Lol whatever you do don't ask for a raise, its a set date for everyone.

No bonus for staff

I got a bonus last year. Not much of one, <$500, but I got one as a staff :)
But yes, raises are set, and probably shouldn't expect much.

You must be amazing then, I don't see any bonus structure for staff, just sm, rxm, and asm. I hope you aren't talking about the lump some everyone got recently

Staff Rph bonuses if you got exceeds expectations or higher

You must be amazing then, I don't see any bonus structure for staff, just sm, rxm, and asm. I hope you aren't talking about the lump some everyone got recently

Hmm, it was flagged on paystub as bonus, and I didn't hear about any of my Walgreen's friends getting this lump sum, but that may be it as well.. who knows? I remember there being talk about staff getting bonuses, but I really didn't pay much attention to that. I went ahead and took a pharm manager position, so I won't be able to test it out this year.

What was your review score? Pharmguy is right about that I just never seen a staff rph work hard enough to average a 4.

What was your review score? Pharmguy is right about that I just never seen a staff rph work hard enough to average a 4.

Well, I work hard enough for a 4 but I worked with a RXM that would never see that happen. Who knows what the one I work with now will do, she will probably give me whatever the SM ask her to as he is the one that runs the show.

Well, I work hard enough for a 4 but I worked with a RXM that would never see that happen. Who knows what the one I work with now will do, she will probably give me whatever the SM ask her to as he is the one that runs the show.

Well what I mean is look at the requirements to be given a 4. A lot of them require the staff pharmacist to go over the top and in the end would only slow the pharmacy down.

Also if you think you are being reviewed wrong, make sure you explain in detail why you are a 4 in each category. Don't overlook any of the topics or that gives your rxm an area to lower you. I'm completely honest on mine and the sm ends up agreeing with me.

Too many people simply put 4, I work hard and customers matter to me. Well what do you do, give some examples.

Last edited: