Walgreens pharmacy tech! How to get hours for PTCB ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XX_123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone!
So I just started my pharm tech job in september. I just wonder how to get hours counted for PTCB 2 years renewal ?
Any helps would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean CE (continuing education) credits for the renewal of your PTCB?

As said here you can't use regular work hours for the CE's, however you can do in-service projects.
http://www.ptcb.org/docs/renew/recertification-policy

Employer In-Service Projects and Other Training.
CPhTs may complete a maximum of five (5) continuing education hours for certain in-service projects or training earned at the certificant’s workplace under the direct supervision of a pharmacist. Credit for in-service projects will not be awarded for the performance of a pharmacy technician’s regular work duties. Credit will be granted for the completion of specially assigned in-service projects or training outside of the certificant’s regular responsibilities, with specific requirements set forth in the Universal Continuing Education Form, which is available online at www.ptcb.org.
● Documentation Required: Upon completion of each in-service project, the supervising pharmacist must complete, sign, and date the Universal Continuing Education Form.

You can earn CE credits through online webinars and classes. Some of which are free and some you'll have to spend money on. You can also use a maximum of 15 college credits towards these with a grade of C or higher as long as they were taken in between your re-certification period.

I just had to apply for re-certification so if you have any questions I am more than happy to help. :)

Website I used for CE credit
freece.com

No problem! Also, to mention the college classes have to be math or science related.