Walgreens salary reduce after fiscal year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oversea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just wonder if anyone know how much does Walgreens decrease pharmacist’s salary after each fiscal year? I have been told that if we don’t get our licenses before September 1st, our salary may go down. Just wonder if anyone know anything about it.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
Just wonder if anyone know how much does Walgreens decrease pharmacist’s salary after each fiscal year? I have been told that if we don’t get our licenses before September 1st, our salary may go down. Just wonder if anyone know anything about it.
Thanks
It probably decreases by 1 cent/hr each time a new grad unemployed pharmacist sends in a resume to an existing or non-existing job opening.

Reactions: 2 users
I know for a fact a rate drop is starting august end,.....

Members don't see this ad :)
It probably decreases by 1 cent/hr each time a new grad unemployed pharmacist sends in a resume to an existing or non-existing job opening.

Dang so it's gonna go negative??

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Dang so it's gonna go negative??

Yeah pretty soon we will be paying them to work......lol but only if your "passionate", so the newbies should be ok with this......

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone,
Thanks
Is that legal? can you lower someone's wage? I thought you would need to fire them and hire them back to do that.

Reactions: 1 user
Is that legal? can you lower someone's wage? I thought you would need to fire them and hire them back to do that.

Technically you’re not hired as a pharmacist until you pass your boards. Don’t pass the boards until September 2nd? Technically that’s your hire date.

Technically you’re not hired as a pharmacist until you pass your boards. Don’t pass the boards until September 2nd? Technically that’s your hire date.
Exactly.
However, I wonder if we just need to pass the board by Sept 1st, or do we need our license to be posted by Sept 1st to prevent to risk of salary reduction? Anyone know?

Exactly.
However, I wonder if we just need to pass the board by Sept 1st, or do we need our license to be posted by Sept 1st to prevent to risk of salary reduction? Anyone know?

I was told by a store manager it has to be posted. This is a result of what happened in California.

Exactly.
does it really matter in the long run? you either get a lower starting rate this year, or next year they will lower your rate anyway.

does it really matter in the long run? you either get a lower starting rate this year, or next year they will lower your rate anyway.

And in a few years they'll be replaced by a cheaper new grad.

Most companies have some sense of pride, or ethics you could call it. Yeah WM will let you go, say you have 60 days to re apply to another position anywhere you like.....blah blah. Ive given the speech many times now...I have not heard of ANYONE having their salary dropped. I think thats why they are burning us out right now and holding us highly accountable at the same time. It's easier and cheaper to catch us slipping and let us go for performance/behavioral reasons than to pay severance....We cannot escape the fact that salaries are dropping right? so it would stand to reason that if the companies are aware of this, they are also aware MOST of their current stock of pharms is comprised of OLDER pharms making that old sweet money right? Some 10 year staffs make more than me at 70/hr PIC in BFE CO.....so lemme ask you....how long do you think they will keep paying us 70/hr or even 60--65? when they can pay 50 now, and 45 or less a year or so from now and on and on.....This is what they wanted. The companies have engineered you to fail these days, knowing your replacement will be a money saver and NO SEVERANCE...... but maybe im just a conspiracy theorist. Maybe they like paying for quality help and want to retain us? they sure dont act like it....ok rant done...