Walmart or Walgreens grad intern offers 2012?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmd2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there received offers for grad intern positions at Walmart or Walgreens and what starting hours/salary you were offered upon transition to a pharmacist? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there received offers for grad intern positions at Walmart or Walgreens and what starting hours/salary you were offered upon transition to a pharmacist? thanks

Walgreens is still on a hiring freeze. You will not get 40 hours with them. There are only a few rare exceptions (of course depending on location as well)

Walgreens is still on a hiring freeze. You will not get 40 hours with them. There are only a few rare exceptions (of course depending on location as well)

Yeah, most people in my class seem to be getting offers for Target or Walmart...not sure of specific offers though. Only heard of Walgreens interns getting floater positions and these are likely not full time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't speak for other Markets/Districts but here in South Florida area, hiring freeze was lifted and offers went out...$54.75/hr for 32hrs/week (floating).

Yeah, they lifted the hiring freeze in my district (northern Cali) but it was only offered to scholarship interns. They're floater positions and not guaranteed full time (~24 hrs/week). The pay looks slightly higher than south Florida so I guess it varies from district to district.

thanks for these replies so far...yeah I was wondering whether 32 hours was the new "full-time," and I guess it is.

WALGREENS:

Midland/Odessa is offering $60.75/hr for 40 hrs/week in the West Texas district....this district also covers Amarillo, Lubbock, Clovis, and Hobbs, but the pay varies from city to city.

Tulsa North is offering somewhere in the range of $54-55/hr for 40 hrs/week.

Not everywhere within WAG is offering only 32 hrs/week as full time, it depends on the district

Last edited: