kmd2012

Apr 11, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there received offers for grad intern positions at Walmart or Walgreens and what starting hours/salary you were offered upon transition to a pharmacist? thanks

Lnsean

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there received offers for grad intern positions at Walmart or Walgreens and what starting hours/salary you were offered upon transition to a pharmacist? thanks

Walgreens is still on a hiring freeze. You will not get 40 hours with them. There are only a few rare exceptions (of course depending on location as well)

mustang sally

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
The middle of nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Walgreens is still on a hiring freeze. You will not get 40 hours with them. There are only a few rare exceptions (of course depending on location as well)

Yeah, most people in my class seem to be getting offers for Target or Walmart...not sure of specific offers though. Only heard of Walgreens interns getting floater positions and these are likely not full time.

About the Ads

TonyRx

Hamburglar
10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Can't speak for other Markets/Districts but here in South Florida area, hiring freeze was lifted and offers went out...$54.75/hr for 32hrs/week (floating).

ravingrabbid

Senile Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2008
in a pit
Yeah, they lifted the hiring freeze in my district (northern Cali) but it was only offered to scholarship interns. They're floater positions and not guaranteed full time (~24 hrs/week). The pay looks slightly higher than south Florida so I guess it varies from district to district.

kmd2012

Apr 11, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
thanks for these replies so far...yeah I was wondering whether 32 hours was the new "full-time," and I guess it is.

wtpharm81

Apr 15, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
WALGREENS:

Midland/Odessa is offering $60.75/hr for 40 hrs/week in the West Texas district....this district also covers Amarillo, Lubbock, Clovis, and Hobbs, but the pay varies from city to city.

Tulsa North is offering somewhere in the range of $54-55/hr for 40 hrs/week.

Not everywhere within WAG is offering only 32 hrs/week as full time, it depends on the district

Last edited:
About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.