Walmart Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raj Wal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, i am a pharmacy student and will be graduating in 2014. I just have couple of questions about applying to Wal-Mart for pharmacy intern/pharmacist positions. How do you go about applying for those positions? I did interview with Wal-Mart at my school's career fair but received no response from them as i was out of state student and the supervisor of that area was not very helpful. I did go to Wal-Mart's website and applied for a pharmacist position but have not heard back yet. Is this approach correct? I am looking for jobs in Dallas or Houston, Tx area. Please advice on how to approach this question. Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, i am a pharmacy student and will be graduating in 2014. I just have couple of questions about applying to Wal-Mart for pharmacy intern/pharmacist positions. How do you go about applying for those positions? I did interview with Wal-Mart at my school's career fair but received no response from them as i was out of state student and the supervisor of that area was not very helpful. I did go to Wal-Mart's website and applied for a pharmacist position but have not heard back yet. Is this approach correct? I am looking for jobs in Dallas or Houston, Tx area. Please advice on how to approach this question. Thank you in advance.
As far as my experience goes, school career fairs are not at all helpful unless you work for that company. Have you worked in a pharmacy during school? In any case, the only approach I know is to apply via the company's website. It would also depend on how saturated your area is

Members don't see this ad :)
My personal approach would be to call a walmart, professionally ask for their DM's contact info. Contact the pharmacy DM directly. I have heard back from DMs quickly this way. In one instance within 5 mins after emailing hah. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
My personal approach would be to call a walmart, professionally ask for their DM's contact info. Contact the pharmacy DM directly. I have heard back from DMs quickly this way. In one instance within 5 mins after emailing hah. Good luck.

Yup!

Thank you all for the insight. Lamar, i am not exactly sure how saturated the area is. However, there are close to 20 wal-marts in the area i am looking for. Hello 2000, i was unable to use the link provided by you. Vinny, i did email 2 district managers when i was in Dallas but have not heard back from them at all. Thank you all once again.

I did that once and they connected me to a guy who connected me to another guy >1000 miles away who ended up not rly helping me lol -______- I'm glad it worked for you though. Was this for intern job or pharmacist position?

I did that once and they connected me to a guy who connected me to another guy >1000 miles away who ended up not rly helping me lol -______- I'm glad it worked for you though. Was this for intern job or pharmacist position?

Pharmacist. Its hit or miss. Some DM's won't respond, some will flat out say they don't have any openings for you. But you never know, good things may happen as well.