Walmart PharmTech VS current job? Will start PharmD in Aug. Need suggestions!

Started by Twinsmom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Twinsmom

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am working in a health system, dealing with patient data, office job, 9:00am-5:30pm. I get good benefit, close to $11/hr from current employer. They also allow us to adjust work time if we need. Great flexibility.
However, I am going to start my PharmD in August and want to step in Pharmacy as early as possible. Now Walmart has job opening and I applied. The manager said they also have the internship program which I can start after my school.
The plan for a job change before school is like this: work as full time from April to August as PharmTech then switch to internship after I get my intern license.
Or I just stay at current job till school starts.
Please give me some suggestions, thanks a lot!! 🙂
 
I say go for the Walmart positon... I recently did an IPPE there and I'm not sure if it was just the particular store I was at but it was fantastic. Excellent computer system and management. Interested to see if others have similar things to say.
 
I say go for the Walmart positon... I recently did an IPPE there and I'm not sure if it was just the particular store I was at but it was fantastic. Excellent computer system and management. Interested to see if others have similar things to say.


Start working in your future field as soon as possible. Walmart seems like a great company to work for. The more experience you gain will help you when it comes to being successful in school. Unlike CVS and Walgreens, which have terrible reputations are undesirable working environments, Walmart has a good reputation and you are lucky to have a job offer from them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would recommend starting as soon as you want to, but be sure you can commit to your job at Wal-Mart.
 
I am working in a health system, dealing with patient data, office job, 9:00am-5:30pm. I get good benefit, close to $11/hr from current employer. They also allow us to adjust work time if we need. Great flexibility.
🙂


Stay with the health system and find an opportunity to work with Pharmacy data... you're ripe for Pharmacy Informatics future.