Walmart Rotation expectation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmLife4Me

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just received my rotation match (p2 intern) at a local Walmart. Can anyone give me some advice as to what to expect? I have worked in pharmacies for over six years now and know how pharmacies work, but more specifically I am looking for information on what Walmart requires from their interns.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I just received my rotation match (p2 intern) at a local Walmart. Can anyone give me some advice as to what to expect? I have worked in pharmacies for over six years now and know how pharmacies work, but more specifically I am looking for information on what Walmart requires from their interns.

Thanks!

Nice. If you don't mind me asking, what is the base rate for the position?

It's not a job, it's a required rotation through the curriculum... so, free lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Walmart is a vacation compared to CVS/Wags. I did my IPPE there and it was a great experience. depending on the area, you might get to do an MTM or two. The staffing is more than sufficient, even without interns. Connexus is a good, but not great computer system. I never thought I'd praise CVS for something, but I did miss our workflow software (just not the metrics). C2 inventory is still pen and paper, and inventory management would be much better if they could check it in from the handhelds. That being said, your preceptor can make or break the experience. Mine was great, showed me all of the red DUR screens, had me doing transfers, call ins. counseling, therapy modification calls, etc. The "tech" duties I performed were kept to a minimum. Also, most Walmarts don't have a drive-thru. THAT is probably the single biggest benefit. We all have that one friend that gets stuck with cashier duty for 90% of their rotation and is treated like free tech help, but fortunately, mine was the opposite.

Reactions: 1 user
Walmart is a vacation compared to CVS/Wags. I did my IPPE there and it was a great experience. depending on the area, you might get to do an MTM or two. The staffing is more than sufficient, even without interns. Connexus is a good, but not great computer system. I never thought I'd praise CVS for something, but I did miss our workflow software (just not the metrics). C2 inventory is still pen and paper, and inventory management would be much better if they could check it in from the handhelds. That being said, your preceptor can make or break the experience. Mine was great, showed me all of the red DUR screens, had me doing transfers, call ins. counseling, therapy modification calls, etc. The "tech" duties I performed were kept to a minimum. Also, most Walmarts don't have a drive-thru. THAT is probably the single biggest benefit. We all have that one friend that gets stuck with cashier duty for 90% of their rotation and is treated like free tech help, but fortunately, mine was the opposite.
Thank you so much for the information!

As a P2, expect to count to 30 and 90 regularly, 180/270/360 occasionally. You'll do a few transfers and occasionally check voicemail. Not a ton else.

A P2 retail rotation is pretty easy but VERY mundane as well. Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

Depends on the store, but in general retail likes to take advantage of you.