Walter Reed Army Hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MdBrndPhrmcst

Keeping it real....
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just was talking to a fellow tenant in my building. She's an MD doing a fellowship at Walter Reed Army Hospital in DC. She said that she get a housing allowance that's about $1600 a month from the hospital. that's awesome!! I'm wondering if they do this for pharmacists. I know the VA pays pharacists pretty well.. so maybe walter reed is comparable pay plus housing allowance? anyone know anything about this? It sounds to good to be true....

I'm trying to see pharmacist salries for walter reed on usajobs.gov but for some reason the site won't let me in.

Members don't see this ad.

I saw that Walter Reed has a residency but you have to enlist or whatever rather than just be a federal employee like the VA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just was talking to a fellow tenant in my building. She's an MD doing a fellowship at Walter Reed Army Hospital in DC. She said that she get a housing allowance that's about $1600 a month from the hospital. that's awesome!! I'm wondering if they do this for pharmacists. I know the VA pays pharacists pretty well.. so maybe walter reed is comparable pay plus housing allowance? anyone know anything about this? It sounds to good to be true....

I'm trying to see pharmacist salries for walter reed on usajobs.gov but for some reason the site won't let me in.
in order to get the housing benefit, you have to be an officer. However, the resident salary is not bad at all. plus its an awesome learning experience.

also, the residency is ran thru the National Naval Medical Center. Weird but true, but it IS in fact an army residency. Here is the link

http://www.bethesda.med.navy.mil/Ca...Education/GME_Residencies/Pharmacy/index.aspx

in order to get the housing benefit, you have to be an officer. However, the resident salary is not bad at all. plus its an awesome learning experience.

also, the residency is ran thru the National Naval Medical Center. Weird but true, but it IS in fact an army residency. Here is the link

http://www.bethesda.med.navy.mil/Ca...Education/GME_Residencies/Pharmacy/index.aspx

I'm actually done with residency.. 'm wondering about the pharacist salaries.. I'm wondering if pharmacists get ~90-100G's a year plus that 1600 a month in housing allowance.. that seems to good to be true no?

I'm actually done with residency.. 'm wondering about the pharacist salaries.. I'm wondering if pharmacists get ~90-100G's a year plus that 1600 a month in housing allowance.. that seems to good to be true no?

No, you get officer salary based on yrs of experience with the armed forces + housing allowance + other special pays.

So it can actually be a large range...anywhere from 70's to 100's+, with the higher going to people who have been there a while.