Walter Reed library?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mirror Form

Thyroid Storm
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
during my upcoming rotation at walter reed I'll also be studying for my step 2's. Is there a good place to study at walter reed, like a quiet library with computers that can access q-bank? Is there any place there that might have wireless access for my laptop? I'm curious b/c the room I'm probably going to be renting for the month doesn't have internet access.
 
Though Walter Reed does have a library, it's not very good. There are 6 computers and almost always people waiting to use them. In addition you need to go through the arduous task of getting computer access. You'll see what that's like with the ITG geniuses (genii?).

I recommend Mayorga. It's just up the street from Walter Reed and has free WiFi. And the coffee's the best in town. Just go north on Georgia from Walter Reed and it will be just past East-West Highway on your left. If you go under the railroad bridge you've gone too far.

Geo
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be doing my rotation there in the block after yours, beginning aug 30th. Let me know how the rotation goes and if you run into any unexpected obstacles. I'm taking the step 2's on sept 4th so I definitely need a good place to study for that first week of my rotation!
 
There are a couple of girls that I have seen at the aforementioned Mayorga every time I go there and they are either studying for Step I or II.

Enjoy Ward 57.

G
 
GeoLeoX said:
two words: hairy troglodytes

that sucks, oh well. BTW, I checked out mayorga tonight and the place is pretty nice. Definitely is a good spot to know about, thanks! It has one little issue though. They apparently have bands there every weeknight starting around 8pm. Any other places in the general viscinity that are also good for studying after that time?
 
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. I have a 2 year old daughter, so I haven't been outside past 9pm in 2 years.

As I mentioned there is a small library in Bldg 2 (aka Heaton Pavilion, aka the hospital) on the second floor, but there is also a larger, swanker library well-hidden in Bldg 1. It's on the second floor, D section. There are more study spaces and it's very quiet. However, everything on post closes down (except the library in the hospital, which you can get into with your parking garage pass. Now that I think of it, students usually don't get garage passes so you may not have after-hours access to the library).

In the community, I don't know. When I was a student at WRAMC last year I stayed in Dupont Circle and went to Teaism there on R St. There is a relatively quiet upstairs.

Hope that helps,

Geo