zestyzebra2595
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WAMC - 2nd time applicant
Hello! this fall will be my second application cycle. Last cycle I only applied to Texas A&M which is my in state and did not receive an interview invite. This cycle I will be applying to Texas A&M again, as well as WSU, CSU, Ohio, Minnesota, Michigan, LMU, Iowa, LSU, Virginia-Maryland, Oregon, and Arizona (and maybe a few others). Trying to stick to some of the cheaper out of state schools (except CSU).
I am a 30 year old female non-trad student. I completed my Bachelor's in Animal Science in 2019, then took a break through covid, then decided to give human med a try, did that for a few years, then long story short found my way back into vet med and realized I never should have abandoned my dream of going to vet school. Since Jan 2025 I have been retaking classes that have expired and/or classes I previously did not do well in. My undergrad grades were not the greatest, but my human med associates grades are stellar and I have received an A in every class I have retaken post grad. One of my pitfalls from last cycle I think was only taking 1-2 classes at a time (I work full time), but this semester I am taking 18 hours of all STEM classes while still working full time to show I can handle a high work load.
Cumulative GPA: 3.5
science GPA: 3.2
last 45: 4.0
Any degrees achieved
BS Animal Science
Associates of Science
GRE results: not taken, do not plan to take
Veterinary Experience:
- Kennel Tech at ER for a year
- Technician Assistant at GP for a year
- Vet tech in Er for 8 years
- Vet sonographer for 3 years
>15,000 hours total
Animal Experience:
- Worked with cows and horses during undergrad
- pet sitting various small animals as well as horses
- pet ownership
>1,000 hours (mainly cats and dogs, but have decent mixed animal and exotic experience)
Research Experience: none 🙁
Awards/scholarships:
- Biology scholarship (undergrad)
- Presidents list (undergrad)
- Valedictorian (occupational school associates)
Extracurriculars:
- Pre-Vet club Ag Council Rep
-Pre-Vet Club President
- Local TNR captain
-Jiu Jitsu
- Kitten Rescue volunteer
Employment:
- Vet ER's (kennel tech, Technician, Sonographer)
- Vet GP (tech assistant)
- Vet IM specialist (vet assistant)
- sonographer (human med)
I realize my science GPA is my weaker link, but hoping 3.2 is at least somewhat competitive alongside my other stats! I will be taking more STEM classes during the fall and spring, but obviously those will not count for this upcoming application cycle. I am committed and continuing to work on it though! Just need some reassurance that things are looking somewhat decent for this app cycle <3
Hello! this fall will be my second application cycle. Last cycle I only applied to Texas A&M which is my in state and did not receive an interview invite. This cycle I will be applying to Texas A&M again, as well as WSU, CSU, Ohio, Minnesota, Michigan, LMU, Iowa, LSU, Virginia-Maryland, Oregon, and Arizona (and maybe a few others). Trying to stick to some of the cheaper out of state schools (except CSU).
I am a 30 year old female non-trad student. I completed my Bachelor's in Animal Science in 2019, then took a break through covid, then decided to give human med a try, did that for a few years, then long story short found my way back into vet med and realized I never should have abandoned my dream of going to vet school. Since Jan 2025 I have been retaking classes that have expired and/or classes I previously did not do well in. My undergrad grades were not the greatest, but my human med associates grades are stellar and I have received an A in every class I have retaken post grad. One of my pitfalls from last cycle I think was only taking 1-2 classes at a time (I work full time), but this semester I am taking 18 hours of all STEM classes while still working full time to show I can handle a high work load.
Cumulative GPA: 3.5
science GPA: 3.2
last 45: 4.0
Any degrees achieved
BS Animal Science
Associates of Science
GRE results: not taken, do not plan to take
Veterinary Experience:
- Kennel Tech at ER for a year
- Technician Assistant at GP for a year
- Vet tech in Er for 8 years
- Vet sonographer for 3 years
>15,000 hours total
Animal Experience:
- Worked with cows and horses during undergrad
- pet sitting various small animals as well as horses
- pet ownership
>1,000 hours (mainly cats and dogs, but have decent mixed animal and exotic experience)
Research Experience: none 🙁
Awards/scholarships:
- Biology scholarship (undergrad)
- Presidents list (undergrad)
- Valedictorian (occupational school associates)
Extracurriculars:
- Pre-Vet club Ag Council Rep
-Pre-Vet Club President
- Local TNR captain
-Jiu Jitsu
- Kitten Rescue volunteer
Employment:
- Vet ER's (kennel tech, Technician, Sonographer)
- Vet GP (tech assistant)
- Vet IM specialist (vet assistant)
- sonographer (human med)
I realize my science GPA is my weaker link, but hoping 3.2 is at least somewhat competitive alongside my other stats! I will be taking more STEM classes during the fall and spring, but obviously those will not count for this upcoming application cycle. I am committed and continuing to work on it though! Just need some reassurance that things are looking somewhat decent for this app cycle <3