WAMC 3.2 cum 3.1 sgpa 3.41 AAComas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LonelykingT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. CGPA: 3.2 //SGPA: 3.1// AACOMAS gpa: 3.41

2.mcat score: 497 (125/125/122/125

3. Current state of residence FL. Family is from Georgia

4.African American Male URM

5.FAMU- undergrad institution

6.clinical hours : 300 pharmacy tech, 500 respiratory therapist , 100 medical scribe , 100 covid swabber. Total : 1000

7.research : 0

8.shadowing: 100 IM

9. Non clinical volunteer: tutoring:36
300: feed the homeless with my church

Ahec scholars : 8 experimental hours
Ahec is a organization dedicated to primary care and its healthcare

10. Leadership: pharmacy president, RCA president , RCA chair ,

started a stock trading group

started a men empowerment group

club: minority associations of premed scholars , anime club,

employment: panera bread and on campus operations management ( set up all events on campus) and voting liaison during voting season

school list
Howard
Medical college of wisconsin
Meharry
Morehouse
Nova (MD and DO)
FSU
USF
UM
Pcom( South Georgia and Georgia)
Emory
UCF
TCU
lecom
Vcom
Acom
Fau
Fiu
UF

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your chances are low for MD schools but you could receive interviews at some schools and I suggest these:
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
Florida State
Central Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Wayne State
Wright State
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Seton Hall
Vermont
New York Medical College
Your best chances are at DO schools and I suggest applying to all these:
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
MU-COM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LECOM (all schools)
LMU-DCOM
Noorda-COM (new school)
Most of these DO schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you should receive interviews. Also the median for African Americans admitted to DO schools is approximately 498.

Your chances are low for MD schools but you could receive interviews at some schools and I suggest these:
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
Florida State
Central Florida
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Wayne State
Wright State
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Seton Hall
Vermont
New York Medical College
Your best chances are at DO schools and I suggest applying to all these:
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
MU-COM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LECOM (all schools)
LMU-DCOM
Noorda-COM (new school)
Most of these DO schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you should receive interviews. Also the median for African Americans admitted to DO schools is approximately 498.
I never realized you replied to this thread but I have a 3.5 masters and retook my mcat yesterday

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you already submitted your MD and DO applications ?
No I was told to wait till my mcat score came back . That it would be better for schools to see my complete app and make a decision vs needing to wait for my mcat and toss me in a pending pile

No I was told to wait till my mcat score came back . That it would be better for schools to see my complete app and make a decision vs needing to wait for my mcat and toss me in a pending pile
Post your score here when available. That is a good strategy for DO schools since you can apply as late as October and you are still not late for DO schools. For MD schools you it is a better strategy to apply now and only include one "throwaway" school in your application so your application will be verified by the time you receive your new MCAT score. You can add more MD schools when your new score is available.

O
Post your score here when available. That is a good strategy for DO schools since you can apply as late as October and you are still not late for DO schools. For MD schools you it is a better strategy to apply now and only include one "throwaway" school in your application so your application will be verified by the time you receive your new MCAT score. You can add more MD schools when your new score is available.
Okay so I will come back on 9/26 when my score release and update you all. In the mean time I will submit my Amcas application today to 1 throwaway school so I can have it verified . On 9/26 add the rest of my amcas schools and apply to aacomas schools with my new and hopefully better mcat . Allowing adcoms to get a full look at my app first time around

Sorry, OP, but I can't recommend applying with stats like those. Too many risk factors for med school
You have advised me before that I could have a chance in the past what happen? The only thing that changed was I did my masters and got a 3.5 gpa, more shadowing , more clinical experience and a new mcat

Sorry, OP, but I can't recommend applying with stats like those. Too many risk factors for med school
He has another thread over here @Goro with updates plus a good performance in a postbac #1

Sorry I probably could have merged the threads but it gets confusing

You have advised me before that I could have a chance in the past what happen? The only thing that changed was I did my masters and got a 3.5 gpa, more shadowing , more clinical experience and a new mcat
He didn't see the new thread with your postbac info

Ended up with a 502 :( feeling like a failure rn
You are competitive for many DO schools with a MCAT of 502. Apply this week to all the DO schools I listed above and you could add these:
KCU-COM
ATSU (both schools)
TUNCOM
BCOM
BUCOM
DUQCOM
Orlando (new school- will be accepting applications soon)
For MD schools you could add these today:
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Charles Drew
Florida State
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
NOVA MD
Miami
Tulane
TCU
Creighton
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Wayne State
Eastern Virginia
Drexel
Temple
Hackensack
Vermont
Wright State
Indiana

You are competitive for many DO schools with a MCAT of 502. Apply this week to all the DO schools I listed above and you could add these:
KCU-COM
ATSU (both schools)
TUNCOM
BCOM
BUCOM
DUQCOM
Orlando (new school- will be accepting applications soon)
For MD schools you could add these today:
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Charles Drew
Florida State
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
NOVA MD
Miami
Tulane
TCU
Creighton
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Wayne State
Eastern Virginia
Drexel
Temple
Hackensack
Vermont
Wright State
Indiana
Okay ! Thank you for the response I will apply to these schools. Thank you so much