WAMC: 3.40 cGPA, 3.20 sGPA + advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

concludebiscuits

Reaction score
Removed OG content.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
UCSD
UCLA
UCSF
UC Irvine
UC Davis
UC Riverside (if you are from that region)
USC Keck
Kaiser
California University
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Miami
Emory
Duke
Georgetown
Jefferson
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Columbia
Cornell
NYU
Dartmouth
Brown
Harvard
Boston University
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Cincinnati
Northwestern
U Chicago
St. Louis

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you @Faha , I really appreciate your suggestions and will incorporate them into the school list that I am building out. It has been really intimidating trying to identify schools knowing that my cGPA is low because of the time it took to adjust to undergrad (but my MCAT and all recent coursework within the last few years has been high). So, this was super helpful.

I hope you don’t mind me directly contacting, but @Goro and @LizzyM would it be alright if I also ask if you have any additional suggestions or thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you currently employed? Any likelihood of employment before the application cycle opens in May/June? Schools will ask what you are doing now if you are not in school.

Are you currently employed? Any likelihood of employment before the application cycle opens in May/June? Schools will ask what you are doing now if you are not in school.
Thanks for asking. I just received my MPH and recently began applying to EMT jobs (ED tech and 911) in my area. Trying to avoid IFT. I am debating if I can't get much luck with ED tech or 911 if I should apply for scribing or MA jobs. But, yes, working on getting a job with patient contact and should be employed before the application cycle in May.

What is IFT?

Sorry for the shorthand. Interfacility transport, where a BLS, ALS, or Critical Care Transport unit will take a patient from one hospital to another (like if they need a higher acuity of care).

Sorry for the shorthand. Interfacility transport, where a BLS, ALS, or Critical Care Transport unit will take a patient from one hospital to another (like if they need a higher acuity of care).
That is a clinical service but not one that will get you many brownie points when it comes time to apply to medical school. Why get the MPH if you aren't at least attempting to use it during your gap?

That is a clinical service but not one that will get you many brownie points when it comes time to apply to medical school. Why get the MPH if you aren't at least attempting to use it during your gap?
I got my MPH because I am really interested in health systems, social determinants of health, health policy, and advocacy. I saw it as a low-cost (thanks to scholarships) opportunity to learn more about the healthcare system/administration before learning more about the clinical aspect. So I personally am glad I got my MPH, and while I'm not looking for a public health job (because I love the clinical side of healthcare), I am working on a super cool Quality Improvement project at a hospital that I get to apply my degree to. I did not include this in my summary above just because some of the details are specific. So I get to use it a little, and I hope it could be helpful in my future career.

Reactions: 1 user