WAMC 3.5cGPA, 495 (123/127/122/123) MCAT, ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Superconfused124

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I would really appreciate honest feedback and if I even have a chance at any schools. At the end of the day, my goal is to be a doctor, am open to DO as well and would appreciate advice!

3.50cGPA (unknown science) strong upward trend final 2 years
495 (123/127/122/123) FL Average was 508
AZ
Asian
State school
700 hours MA/Scribe Paid/Clinical
135 hours MA unpaid/volunteer
200 hours hospice volunteer unpaid/clinical
50 hours research + 1 poster pub
50 hours of social call volunteering/non clinical
40 hours shadowing MD/DO
200 hours of volunteering as camp leader/church teacher

15 years of competitive sports at the international level, ended as Olympic alternate

Would really appreciate advice and feedback on what to do next, as I'm really unsure of what opportunities are available for me and what steps I'd need to take next.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Dude... what happened with your MCAT? You are okay for DPM, but you need to retake if you really want a shot with MD or DO.
I have no idea, it just felt like I got lost on some questions? Or the topics/difficulty seemed vastly different from the AAMC FL's that I took D:
Thank you for your reply! I was unsure of what to do, if I retake and redo the whole cycle again, or if I had any chance at any school

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea, it just felt like I got lost on some questions? Or the topics/difficulty seemed vastly different from the AAMC FL's that I took D:
Thank you for your reply! I was unsure of what to do, if I retake and redo the whole cycle again, or if I had any chance at any school
No chance with a 495. There's data on this. You need to retake if you want a shot at MD/DO. Otherwise, your year-by-year GPA will help, as will actually knowing what service orientation activities (non-clinical community service) you did.

Reactions: 1 user
You would be better off to apply a year from now after you retake the MCAT. If you score 500 or higher you would be competitive at many DO schools.

Reactions: 1 user
How did you prep for MCAT?
Uglobe, AAMC packs, spreadsheet of all questions I missed so I could review them afterwards, FL 1-5, and JW daily CARS before the last month where I used AAMC only, and KA vids to supplement when doing content review