WAMC, 3.66 GPA, 520 MCAT, CA ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shambho

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could count the club as volunteering but fundraising and doing things with your fellow students on-campus is not the same as serving those less fortunate than you in-person within your community (homeless shelter, soup kitchen, Habit for Humanity, working with foster youth/refugees etc).

I would leave off the high school award. Apply to the following:

The UCs (not UCR because you are not from the IE and won’t fit their mission)
Keck
Stanford
Hopkins
Columbia
Mayo
Kaiser
Hofstra
Einstein
Rochester
U Colorado
BU
Brown
Emory
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Case
Vermont
USF
Miami
UVA
Iowa
Vanderbilt
WUSTL
Stony Brook
Western Michigan
SLU
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Dartmouth

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Much appreciated. Hope you’re enjoying spring time

Deleted for privacy

Last edited:
What schools did you end up applying to? There is nothing you can do to change things this cycle, but you should try to obtain 250+ hours at a food bank by the time you submit next cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Chilly,

Thank you for your advice.

It was the UCs, except UCSF because I never got a secondary from them, some east coast schools like Tufts, and some far reach schools like Harvard, Yale. I got a secondary from some schools that screen like Vandy quite quickly after applying, and I was pretty excited to submit there, but it didn't end up happening.

I was hoping to get some interest from the UCs mainly, but it looks like many of them are wrapping up interviews soon.

Will focus on volunteering at the food bank - I'm quite excited to get started there.

Anything to add to a true community service experience that gets you off campus, especially after you graduate, will significantly help you. In all likelihood, this was the reason you really didn't go forward to interview.

Get shadowing in more primary care areas. I think you have enough specialty observations. Focus on your ED- related experience.

Hi Chilly,

Thank you for your advice.

It was the UCs, except UCSF because I never got a secondary from them, some east coast schools like Tufts, and some far reach schools like Harvard, Yale. I got a secondary from some schools that screen like Vandy quite quickly after applying, and I was pretty excited to submit there, but it didn't end up happening.

I was hoping to get some interest from the UCs mainly, but it looks like many of them are wrapping up interviews soon.

Will focus on volunteering at the food bank - I'm quite excited to get started there.
Would recommend applying broadly with the previous list I posted for you and make sure to cut out schools where you are below the 10th percentile on MSAR as Goro said. The UCs are challenging as they are very popular schools for CA applicants trying to stay in-state, hence it is important to have many OOS schools.