• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

WAMC 3.82/518

flutacious

Dec 19, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
  • Year in school: Graduating May 2020 in BME
  • Country/state of residence Virginia
  • Schools to which you are applying: Definitely state schools (UVA, VCU, etc), interested in programs in urban areas where interest in public health is valued. Need help determining what balance of top schools and mid-tier schools would be feasible (hoping to apply to ~25 schools)
  • Cumulative GPA: 3.82
  • Science GPA: 3.75
  • MCAT Scores: 518
  • Research - 3.5 years at school, total of about 750 hours (no pubs, 2 major conferences)
  • Physician shadowing – include hours/specialties: 50 hrs GI, 10 hrs cardiothoracic surgery
  • Clinical volunteering: 500 hrs in clinic for underserved populations
  • Non-clinical volunteering: 100 hrs tutoring kids
  • Extracurricular activities: music, clubs (with leadership)
  • Employment history: TA + SAT prep (120 hrs), med device internship (500 hrs)
  • Immediate family members in medicine? (y/n): N
  • Specialty of interest: undecided, very open to anything, but i'm constructing my PS around a focus of global/public health
  • Interest in rural health (y/n): N
  • Other: from T15 school with highly ranked engineering program

flutacious

Dec 19, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
thanks! follow up question for anyone... if i highlight my engineering experience and interest in public health in my PS/app, do i risk turning off adcoms at schools that don't explicitly favor these? is alignment with mission statement that big of a deal

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.