WAMC: 3.83 GPA/3.75 sGPA, 510 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1162725

1. cGPA: 3.83 and sGPA: 3.75
  2. MCAT: 510 (126/128/128/128)
  3. State of residence: VA, ties to CA
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: ORM, Asian female
  5. Undergraduate institution: T5 public school, graduated Spring 2023
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 500 hrs EMT
  7. Research experience: 1100 clinical research with one poster presentation at university conference, worked in dementia clinic as part of clinical trial recruitment, and one high-impact journal (fifth author), 760 hrs in another lab with $6000 grant funding, one poster presentation, and completed senior thesis
  8. Non-clinical volunteering: 100 sexual assault resource agency, 200 crisis hotline
  9. Other extracurricular activities: 400 hrs TA for general chemistry, ~100 hrs part of university judiciary committee, ~ 100 spent in two different university clubs that have nothing to do with medicine but are hobbies of mine
  10. Relevant honors or awards: Highest distinction for senior thesis, one pub, two poster presentations, two grants, and awarded 40K grant to complete gap year masters abroad
Have had a hard time narrowing down schools but this is what I am thinking so far! Open to DO school recs as well!
GW
VCU
UVA (really only because I am in state)
UC Davis
Albany
Drexel
Loyola
Rush
NOVA MD
Florida International University
Vermont
SUNY downstate
EVMS

Members don't see this ad.

Rush and Loyola may want to see many more non-clinical volunteering hours than what you listed. Did you grow up around Sacramento (wrt UC Davis listing)?

You're listing is more understated than I expected. What did you do in your masters program abroad?

Yes grew up around Sacramento! And I got a master in immunity and infection in London while doing covid research if that helps! I am going to do that this year as I just graduated undergrad

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
No and I am worried that might be a issue in my application but I just did not have time with the other activities I was partaking in and covid hindered the shadowing I was supposed to do

Last edited by a moderator:
No and I am worried that might be a issue in my application but I just did not have time with the other activities I was partaking in and covid hindered the shadowing I was supposed to do
You should accumulate 40+ hours of physician shadowing before you submit your application. Otherwise, you could be screened out at some schools. I suggest these schools with your stats:
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
UVA
West Virginia
Virginia Tech
George Washington
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont