WAMC: 3.99/519 CA ORM - school list help please :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

motivated-armadillo72

Reaction score
  1. cGPA = 3.99 and sGPA = 3.96
  2. MCAT = 519 (129/128/130/132)
  3. State of residence = California (southern california with ties to Davis)
  4. White (first generation american)
  5. went to t20 undergrad
  6. Clinical experience:
    • 200 hours hospital volunteering: wheelchair patients when discharged, deliver food to patients, spend time with patients etc
    • 1000 hours medical scribe for OBGYN, project 2000
  7. Research experience and productivity
    • 150 hours mental health research: pursued independent project culminating in a research paper/article that was posted to a website (not a publication)
    • 200 hours developmental psych research: research paper and poster, however was unable to present the poster at school's research symposium due to athletic commitment
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    • 20 hours PCP, 30 hours OBGYN
  9. Non-clinical volunteering
    • Roughly 500 hours across a variety of different avenues. through athletics there were a lot of volunteering opportunities involving sports and nutrition education with nearby communities. also served as a mentor for underserved elementary school
    • was head of virtual volunteering committee during pandemic connecting student athletes with virtual opportunities to help out local community
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    • full scholarship d1 athlete at a top 5 program. was team captain my senior year
    • team representative for Student Athlete Advisory Committee (basically like athletic student government)
    • helped co found a women's athlete club that focused on helping with life after sports, tackling issues for female athletes (eating disorders/body image), setting up mentorships for freshmen etc
    • teach the sport i played as a side gig ranging from young kids to elderly adults
  11. Relevant honors or awards
    • scholar athlete of the year for my university
    • NCAA elite 90 award
    • dean's list every semester/quarter
School List: hoping to trim it down to around 30-35, I know i applied to a majority of the t20s but would like a good shot at at least one of them, and hoping the majority of my list is reasonable
  • UCLA
  • USC Keck
  • UCSF
  • UC Davis
  • UC Irvine
  • UC San Diego
  • Stanford
  • Harvard
  • NYU
  • Duke
  • Yale
  • Mayo
  • WashU
  • Vanderbilt
  • Michigan
  • Northwestern
  • Mt Sinai
  • UChicago
  • Cornell
  • Emory
  • Case Western
  • Colorado
  • UVA
  • BU
  • Miami
  • USF
  • Georgetown
  • Albert Einstein
  • Cincinnati
  • Tufts
  • University of Arizona - Phoenix
  • Hofstra
  • SLU
  • Kaiser
  • Maybe brown and dartmouth?
Greatly appreciate any advice :)

Members don't see this ad.

You have a good shot at any program in the country as far as I’m concerned and I wouldn’t be surprised to see multiple T20 acceptances.

The athletics really stand out to me and I would make sure to emphasize as much as possible. Difficult to maintain a 3.99 at any T20 undergrad, and even more so as a varsity athlete

Reactions: 1 user
You have a good shot at any program in the country as far as I’m concerned and I wouldn’t be surprised to see multiple T20 acceptances.

The athletics really stand out to me and I would make sure to emphasize as much as possible. Difficult to maintain a 3.99 at any T20 undergrad, and even more so as a varsity athlete
thank you so much, i really appreciate it and hope you are right! any schools I should remove and/or add? or you think it is good to go as is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Duke loves D1 athletes with great stats. Make sure to prioritize their secondary so you can send it in on time bc it’s a very long one

thank you so much, i really appreciate it and hope you are right! any schools I should remove and/or add? or you think it is good to go as is?
I would add Geisel and brown especially if your T20 UG was an Ivy because they seem to like Ivy undergrads for some reason. I feel like georgetown, tufts, slu, arizona, USF may not be necessary.

Add Ohio State and Jefferson. I’d still do USF and Saint Louis as they very well could offer an acceptance. Georgetown and Tufts probably can get taken off.

Last edited: