WAMC 3C and 2W

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medico23

Reaction score
I will be graduating with a 3.79gpa and had 3 C+ and 2Ws in college. I retook one of the classes and got a B but was unable to retake the other two. I guess overall then I have 2C+. I can definitely describe why. 80% of my grades are As. I overall have an upwards trend. I'm slightly stressed honestly. I will be taking a gap year to do more research and take the MCAT this fall. I'm afraid that I may not get into great school due to these outliers in my grade. I have been told that a great MCAT would really solidify things. Let me know your thoughts

URM- Black Female
sGPA-3.63 cGPA-3.79
Research 1000hrs
Volunteering non medical- 1000+hrs
Volunteering medical- 300hrs
Shadowing: 100hrs
Leadership/Std orgs- 500+hrs

Members don't see this ad.

As long as your MCAT is at least 500 you should receive MD interviews if you apply to an appropriate list of schools .Post your MCAT score here in the future when available and we can suggest schools you can apply to.

I will be graduating with a 3.79gpa and had 3 C+ and 2Ws in college. I retook one of the classes and got a B but was unable to retake the other two. I guess overall then I have 2C+. I can definitely describe why. 80% of my grades are As. I overall have an upwards trend. I'm slightly stressed honestly. I will be taking a gap year to do more research and take the MCAT this fall. I'm afraid that I may not get into great school due to these outliers in my grade. I have been told that a great MCAT would really solidify things. Let me know your thoughts

URM- Black Female
sGPA-3.63 cGPA-3.79
Research 1000hrs
Volunteering non medical- 1000+hrs
Volunteering medical- 300hrs
Shadowing: 100hrs
Leadership/Std orgs- 500+hrs
What is your nonclinical volunteering and leadership? Are you networking with SNMA?

What is your nonclinical volunteering and leadership? Are you networking with SNMA?
I tutor /mentor k-12 students. I also started a non profit for cancer awareness in Africa. Also wanted to correct that my cGPA is 3.80. I don't want to do a post bac because I think I don't need it but I don't know honestly. I have less than 5 Bs and 2C+ and many As thus far.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tutor /mentor k-12 students. I also started a non profit for cancer awareness in Africa. Also wanted to correct that my cGPA is 3.80. I don't want to do a post bac because I think I don't need it but I don't know honestly. I have less than 5 Bs and 2C+ and many As thus far.
I also just applied for a leadership position with SNMA!

Reactions: 1 user
Great! Good luck! I also want to confirm my thought that your GPA appears fine that you don't need an SMP. As for just DIY postbac, it depends on what other biomedical classes are left for you to take, but it sounds like your transcript is dominated with A's (so I agree I don't think you'd need it).

Great! Good luck! I also want to confirm my thought that your GPA appears fine that you don't need an SMP. As for just DIY postbac, it depends on what other biomedical classes are left for you to take, but it sounds like your transcript is dominated with A's (so I agree I don't think you'd need it).
Thank you I appreciate your prospective. I plan on getting a good MCAT and fine-tuning my application during my gap year.

Reactions: 1 user
As long as your MCAT is at least 500 you should receive MD interviews if you apply to an appropriate list of schools .Post your MCAT score here in the future when available and we can suggest schools you can apply to.
My cGPA is actually 3.80 but I will try my best to get my MCAT well above a 500. Majority of my grades are As. I was slightly worried that I wouldn't get into a good school as a result of the 2C+ and 2Ws.