• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

WAMC? 4.0/512 MCAT

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
  1. Attending Physician
I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Wake Forest
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
USF Morsani
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont

Bolvx

2+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
U Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Wake Forest
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
USF Morsani
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Oakland Beaumont
What are my chances at getting interviews/acceptances at these schools? No D.O programs?

About the Ads

Bolvx

2+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
U Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Wake Forest
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
USF Morsani
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Oakland Beaumont
TCU requires physiology :/ I didn't take that class unfortunately

wysdoc

Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2016
The Lone Star State
  1. Attending Physician
Reactions: 1 user

pdl2015

7+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2014
  1. Medical Student
What are my chances at getting interviews/acceptances at these schools? No D.O programs?
Refer to the MSAR to see how many applications, interviews, and matriculants each school has. A good rule of thumb is that a school will have 2-4x the number of acceptances as they do matriculants to account for some students not taking the acceptance from the school and enrolling elsewhere. MSAR will also show you the 10/50/90 percentiles of GPA and MCAT accepted and matriculated to each school.

Apply to the schools @Faha recommended. You could consider applying to VCOM, but you'd need a LOR from a DO. Even if you have one, I'd focus on that application last. Have friends/colleagues review your essays. With well-written essays and your scores, I'd expect you to net a few interviews.

Anecdotal, but I think EVMS will love your non-clinical experiences.

Bolvx

2+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
Refer to the MSAR to see how many applications, interviews, and matriculants each school has. A good rule of thumb is that a school will have 2-4x the number of acceptances as they do matriculants to account for some students not taking the acceptance from the school and enrolling elsewhere. MSAR will also show you the 10/50/90 percentiles of GPA and MCAT accepted and matriculated to each school.

Apply to the schools @Faha recommended. You could consider applying to VCOM, but you'd need a LOR from a DO. Even if you have one, I'd focus on that application last. Have friends/colleagues review your essays. With well-written essays and your scores, I'd expect you to net a few interviews.

Anecdotal, but I think EVMS will love your non-clinical experiences.
Hi, thanks for the comment! Are you saying EVMS highly favors non-clinical volunteering? Just curious as to what you meant so I can put an emphasis on the app/interview. Many thanks

pdl2015

7+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2014
  1. Medical Student
Hi, thanks for the comment! Are you saying EVMS highly favors non-clinical volunteering? Just curious as to what you meant so I can put an emphasis on the app/interview. Many thanks
My understanding is that EVMS is very passionate about serving the Greater Hampton Roads area's less fortunate, as that community has one of, if not the, highest poverty rate in Virginia. That isn't to say they favor non-clinical volunteering over clinical (any med school wants to see both), but I think EVMS in particular likes to see the kind of stuff you've done non-clincally.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.