WAMC? (512, 3.98 cGPA, 3.97 sGPA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Tiger

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have applied to medical schools this cycle (24-25) and wanted to receive honest feedback about my chances.

My stats:
- 512 MCAT
- 3.98 cGPA and 3.97 sGPA,
- 6 on preview (72nd percentile)
- Not sure if I am ORM or URM

Clinical experience:
- Volunteer at emergency department for 201 hours (2022 - 2023)
- Shadowing for 60 hours
- Currently a medical assistant with 246 hours at time of application
- Medical scribe with 660 hours at time of application
- Phlebotomy student for 60 hours (with certification)

Non-clinical experiences:
- Leader in an organization at my university that fights food insecurity (400 hours at time of app)
- Volunteer tutor for child with special needs (100 hours at time of app)
- Mentor for freshman students pursuing a variety of careers (150 hours at time of app)
- Worked at a fast food restaurant for 300 hours as a freshman in college

Research
- 2 research experiences total: a total of around 1000 hours (one publication, one acknowledgement, and a research award for the research I got a publication for).

Green flags of my application?
- Good clinical experience and research.
- Mostly mission fit volunteer activities for the medical schools I am applying to (Mission: To work with underserved communities)

Red flags?
- Somewhat unbalanced MCAT score (129/124/129/130, somewhat low CARS). However, none of the medical schools I applied to screen below 125.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not sure if I am ORM or URM
Read

Please mind the template. You have information that needs to be included, such as your state of residence.

Your mission fit is also incomplete. You could also work with underserved communities in any healthcare professional field (dentistry, pharmacy, optometry, podiatry, PT, vetmed, OT, SLP/Aud, nursing) because every part of the healthcare workforce needs to work with underserved communities. I don't have a sense why it is important to you; I only see you wish to "check that box" from what you have provided. ADDED: As I often ask people, why not work with underserved people as a social worker or a religious figure?

Your only service orientation activity is comingled with leadership. Break down your hours with your food insecurity organization.

Last edited:
It’s hard to get a sense of your chances without knowing your state of residence and to which schools you applied.

Reactions: 1 user