WAMC (521 MCAT, 3.90, ORM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spicy_mango

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your low non clinical volunteering hours will limit your chances for interviews at top tier schools, where you will be competing with applicants who have many hundreds or thousands of hours. I suggest adding these schools:
Washington University (in St. Louis-almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Western Michigan
Cincinnati
USF Morsani
Miami
Duke
Johns Hopkins
George Washington
U Penn
Temple

Your low non clinical volunteering hours will limit your chances for interviews at top tier schools, where you will be competing with applicants who have many hundreds or thousands of hours. I suggest adding these schools:
Washington University (in St. Louis-almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Western Michigan
Cincinnati
USF Morsani
Miami
Duke
Johns Hopkins
George Washington
U Penn
Temple
Thanks! I already applied to Hopkins and UPenn. I was under the impression that Temple requires 1000s of service hours. Many of the schools you listed also seem really competitive and I thought would also be a reach/top tier school for me to shoot for. I’ll look again!

Thanks! I already applied to Hopkins and UPenn. I was under the impression that Temple requires 1000s of service hours. Many of the schools you listed also seem really competitive and I thought would also be a reach/top tier school for me to shoot for. I’ll look again!
I'm not sure Temple requires 1000s of hours like Rush or the Jesuit schools. Someone else may comment.