WAMC, 521 MCAT, 3.94 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suprvlee

Reaction score
  1. 3.94 cGPA and 3.93 sGPA
  2. 521 MCAT (130 C/P, 131 CARS, 130 B/B, 130 P/S)
  3. South Dakota resident with significant ties to Nebraska
  4. ORM
  5. Accounting major, biology minor at midwest private Jesuit institution
  6. 215 hours of clinical volunteering (165 in a hospital setting, 50 hours at a university ran vaccine clinic)
  7. Approximately one-year economic research experience, no science research
  8. 50 hours shadowing oncology, internal medicine, family medicine, orthopedic surgery
  9. 70 hours (45 as a tutor and 25 at a homeless shelter)
  10. Jesuit honor society member, a supervisor at on-campus job, consistent honor roll for both academics and service involvement
  11. Due to my financial situation, was forced to work a minimum of 30 hours per week throughout college and this past year (junior year) held two jobs all year working approximately 40 hours a week

Have applied to:

Creighton

Indiana

Medical College of Wisconsin

Ohio State

SLU

University of Toledo

UCincinnati

Iowa

North Dakota

South Dakota

Wisconsin

WashU St Louis

Looking for additional schools to add, preferably in the midwest but open to all suggestions

Members don't see this ad.

Georgetown and Loyola seem an obvious fit with the Catholic connection
Thank you for the suggestions, they were just on the border of me applying but I was afraid that I might not meet their lofty demands for service hours. I will add them to my school list, thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Schools such as Medical College Wisconsin and Toledo may "yield protect" with your stats. You could add these schools:
U Michigan
Northwestern
Case Western
Pittsburgh
Vanderbilt
Duke
U Virginia
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
Rochester
Boston University
Kaiser

Schools such as Medical College Wisconsin and Toledo may "yield protect" with your stats. You could add these schools:
U Michigan
Northwestern
Case Western
Pittsburgh
Vanderbilt
Duke
U Virginia
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Columbia
Cornell
Rochester
Boston University
Kaiser
Yes, unfortunately, I applied to MCW before getting my MCAT score back and I still haven't received a secondary from Toledo. Do you think yield protection is still likely with my lower-than-average service and research? In addition, what do you think my chances are at those incredible schools with my relatively subpar ECs? My last question is, would it still be worth completing the secondaries I haven't already completed yet at the lower tier programs such as Toledo?

Do not complete the secondary for Toledo. The give preference to Ohio residents and half their non residents admitted are from Michigan. Your ECs are adequate and some of those schools will interview you with your high stats.

Reactions: 2 users
Do not complete the secondary for Toledo. The give preference to Ohio residents and half their non residents admitted are from Michigan. Your ECs are adequate and some of those schools will interview you with your high stats.
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me, I greatly appreciate it! I was very nervous about my ECs reading some of the other applicants on this forum.